Cannot find new login

David_
David_
Community Member
edited August 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I've recently created a new login with 1password but subsequently could not find it anywhere in the app(??) It seemed to have completely disappeared even when using the search function. I eventually found the password in the password generator history and was able to create the login from there but it seems a very convoluted and unintuitive way to have to do it. Have I missed something? Thanks

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version:_Monterey
Browser:
Safari
Referrer: forum-search:Cannot find new login

Comments

• Hi @David_,

Sorry to hear you experienced this, though I'm glad you were able to utilize the password generator history. It certainly doesn't sound like intended behaviour. Typically in your browser, after selecting your generated password, you'll get a pop up to confirm the details of the login you're creating:

From here you could add/edit any details and then click Save.

Can you confirm that these were the steps you took? I'd also be curious to know if this has happened on multiple occasions and, if so, which websites you've been experiencing this on.

Looking forward to your reply!

• David_
    David_
    Community Member

Hi Andrew and thanks for your reply.

The website was https://account.donateblood.com.au/ I followed the usual 1password prompts including using the recommended password. The pop-up window did appear but then disappeared quite quickly before I could get to it after which I had to go hunting for the password. It has not happened at other sites so maybe this one is the problem.

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2022

@David_

Let us know if you encounter the issue again. Did you, by chance, have any pop up blocks installed in the browser or anything of the such? I doubt this as it seems you are very familiar but I wanted to ask. I tried creating a test login to see if I could reproduce your results but they seem to be actively checking registration emails, so I had to use a disposable one. Even then, I was unable to proceed as they require an address. I did not proceed as I did not want to go adding extraneous data to their database. I had hoped I could create an account and then add the details later, which was not the case.

Save a login manually in your browser may be helpful if you find you need to create a login manually. That does not seem to be the case in this situation.

• David_
    David_
    Community Member

@ag_tommy Thanks! It's an intermittent problem and this particular site seems to have a few issues with usernames as well. I will try the manual save method if I have this problem again.

Thanks for your help!

• You're most welcome. I wish I could be of more help.

This discussion has been closed.