feedbacks for version 8.8.0-215

Community Member

Hello,
Here are some feedbacks I would like to share after testing beta after beta:

• Home screen confused and messy. The design is beautiful but I don't see the goal of displaying theses predefined contents. When I open the app, most of the time, it is to look up for a specific item like a login, a note, etc. I don't open the app to see the recently used or modified item... This is the main purpose of a password manager, I guess when opening the app. I think seeing things like Login, Notes, Credit Card is more usefull, if at least I could chosse wich categories I display in the home screen. So far only Favorites i good.

• Notification for copied 2FA codes boring: I mainly use the app directly from the swiftkey keyboard for autofill, and 2FA is a standard for me. I don't see the point of getting a notification for every copied 2FA code. I could ask why not for the password for item that don't have 2FA.. I ended up turn if off the notification, I could be off by defaut.

• The overlay "New item" is hum long. The symbol + is enough. In french it is longer on the screen and something doesn't disapear/don't switch to + on scroll.

• Where is the true Dark theme like showned in early access blogpost ?

• You should add a PIN option to open a app. Giving choice is best instead of forcing biometrics (also based on some other feedbacks). Apple, Microsoft, Google still support PIN why not 1Password?

• Is it possible to have a more condensed layout for the All items tab ?

• Icons. This need rework because it relies on your will to provide icons for somes websites. I know it is possible to manually set an icon but really for a paid service? Even when I contact the support I received a good response but months later still no icons. I don't blame the design but hope that a future or updated backend could generate icons.

• Did you already think about a logo refresh ? Don't you think 1Password is still linked to Apple in people mind ? Get a look on your social wall (high profiles should also talk about others platfoms)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• ag_timothy
    edited July 2022

Hi @0100110, thanks for all your feedback!

1. The Home and Items tabs are customizable so you can include or exclude different ways to sort and find your items. From either screen you can tap ✏️ or Customize then add, remove and reorder sections. Personally I like to keep the Home tab streamlined as well. I include Pinned Fields, Favorites and Recently Used. If you find you're opening 1Password for a few specific items frequently, try pinning them to the home screen for quick access.
    2. Many people are used to receiving 2FA codes via SMS or email so the notification can be useful as they transfer to a new authentication method. That being said, I can understand why you would want this turned off by default and I've shared your comments with the team.
    3. The only instance I found where the new item button wouldn't switch to the + symbol was when the screen wasn't actually scrollable (for instance if I removed most sections from the Home/Items tab). Have you noticed this behavior frequently or in any specific situations? Do you see the same behavior after updating to 80900002?
    4. The theme in 1Password 8 for Android is set by your device. If you switch your device to dark mode, you should see a dark theme in 1Password, similar to our demonstrative images in the blog post. While I can't make any promises about the development of 1Password, adding an independent theme setting is something we'd like to do in the future.
    5. Thanks again for sharing your interest in a PIN unlock option. I added your interest to our internal tracker when you mentioned it in another thread.
    6. To make sure we're on the same page, you would like an option to show the All Items list with less space between the items?
    7. We are working through a backlog of updates and requests for rich icons as we streamline this process. I apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience.
    8. As a Windows and Android user, Apple doesn't enter my mind when I open 1Password. With the focus on Apple products in the early days of 1Password I can definitely understand why that link might exist for some people. I would be happy to share your thoughts with the branding team.

Thanks again!

ref: dev/core/core#15541

Community Member
    edited July 2022

2) Thank for the explanation, it was so obvious for me that it was copied because i see it on my keyboard that I never realized the point of this notification.

3) Even with the latest release 80900002, when on Items > All Items, the overlay doesn't swith to the +. It works fine on the Home and Items tabs but not the All Items. (Extra, is it possible to hide the bottom menu on scroll on this All Items ?)

4) The theme is Dark grey on my phone but I was refering to a more Dark theme for Amoled instead.

6) Exactly, please show the All Items list with less space between the items. The # a b c d... are not clickable so not usefull.

7) Yes. (not related to android but get them to take a loot at the browser extension or their social medias "Apple all time")

8) Can you align left the icon item so it is well aligned with the login/password field.

Community Member

2) Thank for the explanation, it was so obvious for me that it was copied because i see it on my keyboard that I never realized the point of this notification.

3) Even with the latest release 80900002, when on Items > All Items, the overlay doesn't swith to the +. It works fine on the Home and Items tabs but not the All Items. (Extra, is it possible to hide the bottom menu on scroll on this All Items ?)

4) The theme is Dark grey on my phone but I was refering to a more Dark theme for Amoled instead.

6) Exactly, please show the All Items list with less space between the items. The # a b c d... are not clickable so not usefull.

7) Yes. (not related to android but get them to take a loot at the browser extension or their social medias "Apple all time")

• Hi @0100110 thanks for following up with me.

1. I've reached out to the team regarding the expected behavior in Items > All Items and it sounds like the button should collapse when scrolling. Thanks for brining this to our attention!
    2. Dark mode in 1Password 8 for Android is the black/gray theme you mentioned. I'd be happy to share you interest for some different options for AMOLED displays with the team.
    3. I've gone ahead and filed this request in our tracker for a compact option in 1Password 8 for Android.

Thank you as well for your additional points about the icon positioning in the item layout and our browser extension on social! If there's anything else we can help with, or if you have any other feedback, just let us know!

ref: IDEA-I-831

This discussion has been closed.