Image saved in Secure Note is no longer shown

Options
details0
details0
Community Member
edited July 2022 in Windows

Looking at a Secure Note, I no longer see the uploaded .jpg images as I did in the past. I just see the image placeholder icon instead. The image downloads fine, and uploading a new copy of the image file did not solve the problem.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:secure note image

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hi @details0, thank you for raising this issue. Image preview isn't currently a part of 1Password for Windows 8, but I can see why this would be useful and am happy to cast a vote for it on your behalf. That way our developers can get a sense of the demand for this feature.

Thank you again for sharing that this would be useful for you, and if there's anything further we can help with, do let us know.

ref: PSS-I-98

• details0
    details0
    Community Member
    Options

I think you are incorrect. It works in some Secure Notes, but not in others and I can't figure out how or why. Here is a different Secure Note where the image is shown.

• details0
    details0
    Community Member
    Options

Basically why will it show one image file but not the other? Here are the two files....

• Hi @details0,

Peter's message was referring to 1Password 8 not displaying previews of images saved as an attachment. The image provided in the previous post appears to be from 1Password version 7, where it will display previews of an image, when it is saved in a Document item.

When testing further with 1Password 7, I've been unable to preview images in Secure Note items, where a file attachment was included through the Add new file option when editing a secure note.

When creating a new Secure Note item in 1Password 7 can you confirm the same? Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.