My password doesn’t unlock the iOS extension, but works on MacOS browser

ric_k
ric_k
Community Member

When I click on the1Password browser extension on my iPad & iPhone, it prompts me for the password. I enter the account password, but it doesn’t work. The same password DOES work on the MacOS Safari browser extension.

Perhaps the confusion is between the multiple passwords required; I see references to
1. Account password (This one works on my Safari browser extension)
2. Master password - not sure what this one is
3. 1Password 7 login password (I tried this one, also)
4. Secret key

Please help! Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.9.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.5
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• @ric_k

Do you have a Primary vault on that device? It sounds like you may. 1Password for Safari cannot access data from that Primary vault. Having it on the device will inhibit unlocking.

1. Is the term we use when accessing the new apps and 1Password.com
    2. This is the older password term for earlier versions of 1Password.
    3. This would be the password you use to unlock the app.
    4. This is used for a membership. It's 1/2 of the equation that protects your data.

--

if you have a Primary vault present this may help. It will get all of your data into your membership and remove the Primary vault which is not used with a membership.

1. Check to make sure all of your data is available on https://my.1password.com and ensure you have a copy of your Emergency Kit.

2. If needed, add your account to the device. * It may already be present. How to add your 1Password account to the apps

3. If needed copy any items from your Primary vault to your membership vault (Personal/Private) that are not already present. * Please be sure you have the most up-to-date information in your Personal vault. * You may need to do this on each device.

4. Remove the Primary vault.

• You will need to do this on each device. Be sure to complete step two on any devices you have.

• Also, if the Primary is on multiple devices and was NOT syncing, you'll likely need to repeat these steps on each device to ensure no data loss.

This discussion has been closed.