8.7.3 Can't Update on Windows 11, Even in Safe Mode

schoon
schoon
Community Member

I was able to my first install the current version thanks to the good support here, suggesting that I do it in Safe Mode.

However, now the app continues to unsuccessfully try to update itself and is "...unable to complete installation and will roll back..."

So, i tried doing the update while in Safe Mode. Same result.

Do I need to download the app and re-install, and if I do so, will I loose any of my data?

1Password Version: 8.7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11 21H2
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @schoon, thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with updating 1Password. Removing and re-installing 1Password won't result in loss of data however I'm not sure whether it will help in this case. Issues like this are often caused by an antivirus or antimalware application, which might mistake 1Password for something suspicious and prevent it from completing the installation. Since you mentioned safe mode didn't help, to investigate further, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+windows@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

Ali

• schoon
    schoon
    Community Member

Report sent.

• schoon
    schoon
    Community Member

@AliH1P
    Hi Ali,

Waiting on a reply to my sent report... Can you give someone a nudge?

Thank-you

• Hey @schoon, I've located your email and can see that we sent out a reply the day it was received. It sounds like you may not have gotten our reply so I've sent it out another email. Let me know if you don't get the message otherwise we can continue our conversation there šŸ‘

ref: CPG-29865-287

Ali

• schoon
    schoon
    Community Member

Got that one. Thank-you.

I'll give your advice a go!

• Thanks, @schoon! šŸ‘

This discussion has been closed.