Amazon Web Site Login on IOS

Options
Jerr
Jerr
Community Member

I noticed if I try to log on to the Amazon Canada or Amazon US web sites via Chrome or Edge in IOS that I must manually enter in my email address then 1Password can enter in the password. I checked these sites in my vault and they both have the email and password so not sure what is going on here.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: Win11
Browser:_ Chrome and Edge

Comments

• Hi @Jerr!

With two-page sign-in forms, such as, Amazon, Google, and others, it's usually the case that iOS doesn't offer you the "🔑 Passwords" on the email address or username field, since it's typically expecting to see two fields – one for username and one for password. Without both, it treats the email address field exactly as it would for something like signing up for a newsletter.

Because 1Password can't do anything to influence the behaviour of iOS's Password AutoFill system, I can suggest a workaround. In iOS, you can set up "text replacement" shortcuts which take an abbreviation that you choose, such as .em or something like that, and replace it with the text of your choice. That's what I do on my iPhone to keep things speedy on forms like this.

☞ How to use Auto-Correction and predictive text on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

That way, when you encounter a two-page sign-in form like this one, you can enter whatever abbreviation you choose to enter your email address, then you'll be able to autofill on the password page using the "🔑 Passwords" button on the keyboard.

Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

• Jerr
    Jerr
    Community Member
    Options

Cheers.. Thanks.

• On behalf of Grey, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.