Freeze after switching Windows user and when searching

Good evening.
The following operations will cause a freeze.

1. Log on as Windows user "A".
  2. Launch 1Password 8.
  3. Log on as user "B" without logging off user "A".
  4. Log off Windows user "B".
  5. Log on as Windows user "A"
  6. Click on the 1Password8 search box.

After the occurrence, the problem will not go away until the 1Password8 process is stopped.

1Password Version: 8.8(80800120)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows10

Comments

• Good morning @ticksgt, please excuse the extended delay in our response. Thanks for reporting this. I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you've been experiencing with 1Password 8 freezing when switching users.

I've followed the steps you've provided ensuring the Lock 1Password when computer locks setting is disabled, but when using fast user switching, I have been unable to reproduce this freezing behaviour. 1Password 8 continues to work as expected. Can you please let us know if this is still an issue with the latest Nightly version of 1Password 8 for Windows?

If this continues to be an issue, is there any other settings you may be using that could be contributing to this? Please let us know!

• ticksgt
    ticksgt
    Community Member

Good evening @ag_mike_d .
    I tried it on today's nightly build and reproduced the problem, as well as the previous one where the Quick Access input fields are no longer responsive.

Here is a description of the environment that may be involved.

• Active Directory user
    • User without administrator privileges switched to User with administrator privileges
    • Microsoft IME (Japanese) is used for input
  • ticksgt
    ticksgt
    Community Member

Hello @ag_mike_d .
    This problem has not yet been fixed.
    We are using 1Password Bussiness at work and several employees have also encountered this event.
    We often access each employee's desktop PC via remote desktop from a conference room.
    I have a feeling it is more likely to occur when that operation is performed.

• Hello @ticksgt,

I'm sorry this is still causing an issue with 1Password 8 freezing when switching users. Thanks for the follow up and the additional details.

Since this issue is easily reproducible on your end with multiple users, after you see this behaviour again, can you send a 1Password diagnostics report from the affected device via email to support+windows@1Password.com so we can help to investigate? Please do not post these details in the forums.

If you could also include a link to this thread along with your forum handle in your email? Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.