Hi, I wonder if there's any possibility to find/remove duplicates from my vault.

Options
brobi69
brobi69
Community Member

Hi, I wonder if there's any possibility to find/remove duplicates from my vault. Thing is I imported my passwords from Vivaldi (exported) csv file, and there are duplicates popping up as I can see.

1Password Version: 8.7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10 (corporate version)
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Hi, I wonder if there's any possibility to find/remove duplicates from my vault.

Comments

• AliH1P
    Options

Hey @brobi69, thanks for reaching out. Removing duplicate items in 1Password for Windows currently needs to be done in a manual fashion. Depending on the number of duplicates you have, these can be easily recognized by first sorting the items by Title. Duplicate items can then be removed manually by selecting the item (or Ctrl + Click the multiple items) and the right clicking one of the selected items > Delete.

I understand this process can be tedious and I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. While I can't make any promises as to if or when this would be added, we are do have an internal request to add a method to make removing duplicates easier for our users. I've added your comment to this internal request to further highlight user interest and use cases.

Ali

ref: IDEA-I-615

• JoesCat
    JoesCat
    Community Member
    Options

+1 ! I surmise this could be a “sharp knife” so would need to be coded carefully, but like the OP I imported from multiple browsers (into individual vaults created for each), so now I have a plethora of records throughout. Many are simply due to mixes of uppercase/lowercase and the like.

• @JoesCat, thanks for your message and vote for this feature. I've now included it in the request we're tracking for future consideration.

ref: IDEA-I-615

This discussion has been closed.