1Password v8 - How about an update?

cbeitel44
cbeitel44
Community Member
edited July 2022 in Windows

Hello,
As I am a user of this app for few years yet, I wanted to give a feedback on the new version of 1Password v8 that I don't find completely finished.

For example: when choosing a vault, the list of tags is not limited to those that belong to this vault, so that you can see all the tags, all vaults combined. This is problematic because it becomes cumbersome to quickly access an account. And I waste a lot of time to access it.
Moreover, in the 2nd part of the application (the button that lists according to Categories / Documents / etc.) there are no tags either. As a result, for me, this application no longer has any use staying installed on my computer, and that's a shame. The v7 was however practical. This is not the case with this one.

OK, graphically, she's nice. But in use, it's really not terrible and not so intuitive as that. Why not simply make a graphic evolution of v7, while keeping its functionalities? It would be, in my opinion, much better!

I hope a quick improvement will be made. Like for example:

• on the left: the list of vaults
  • right next to it: Categories / Tags / etc.
  • then: the list of identifiers that belong to the selected vault and the chosen 'option' (Categories / tags / passwords / documents / etc.)
  • and finally: the identifier and all its information and possible modifications
    Yes, that would be perfect!

Good day, and good continuation

C.

(note that I tried to write this text with my own english (as I'm from France). But sometimes, I used Google Translation Website for some texts. So, I apologize if some texts are not really understandable or not correctly wrote.)

1Password Version: 8.8.0 - 80800203, on PRODUCTION channel
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: Windows 11 21H2 - Build 22000.778
Browser:_ Edge / Chrome / Firefox / Opera / Opera GX

Comments

• rkastner
    rkastner
    Community Member

Yes! We have users now complaining that the update to 8 makes the desktop app useless.

• Hello @cbeitel44,

Thanks for your feedback. 1Password 8 is a completely new app built and written from the ground up. While the sidebar bar displays account information in a slightly different format from previous versions of 1Password, I've added your thoughts to a feature request we're tracking about the ability to organize elements of the sidebar.

In the meantime, you can add or remove certain elements of the sidebar through the Settings (Ctrl + Comma) menu > Appearance > Always Show in Sidebar: Categories and Tags.

I hope this helps.

ref: IDEA-I-1079

• cbeitel44
    cbeitel44
    Community Member

Hi 'mike'!
    I really thank you for your reply.
    The features you mean, about activating Cat. or Tags, I've seen these ones. But as I said, when Tags are enabled, when you go in a specific vault, these Tags do not change (or adapt) regarding the vault you are in, as it was in the 1P v7.
    And if take a look on the only first page of topics, you can see that a lot of users are complaining about features, functionalities and issues they are facing of in v8. That's why that in one of these posts I said that I think 1Pv8 shouldn't be in the production channel but a beta one. (hope this line is understandable as I'm not comfy in writing in english)

1P is really my favourite passwords manager, and I really don't want to switch to an another one. So, I really really hope it will get an update very soon

(yes, there's too much of 'really' words in this post, my bad ^^)

So, good luck for development. For all of you too :)

Regards.

C.

• Hi @cbeitel44,

I hope you are well today. As noted, I've passed your comments along to the team. We're always happy to listen to this type of feedback so we can learn where improvements can be made and act where possible to enhance the 1Password user experience. Thank you!

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know!

This discussion has been closed.