Issues with V8

Options
NathanT
NathanT
Community Member

Feeling pretty frustrated with this upgrade. I used to be able to press ctrl-\ (which I changed from the default ctrl-shift-) to open 1pw mini. In there was everything I needed; I could autofill a login to the current page, search the vault, generate a password, or open the full 1password app.

Now I have to go to different places for each of these. The browser extension has the ability to fill in the current page or search, but for some reason can't set the shortcut to ctrl-\, and it can't generate passwords or open the main app. I can set autofill to ctrl-\, but it's just autofill, no searching, creating new logins, generating, etc. I can open the full app, but it can't do anything with the browser, just create new logins (and awkwardly generate passwords by creating logins, ugh).

It also appears there's no way to get rid of the 1password logos on username/password fields. At one point those were considered a security risk since they can be spoofed by websites. Now there isn't even a way to turn them off.

How long will version 7 continue to be supported, and how do I revert to it? Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• pjotr1977
    pjotr1977
    Community Member
    Options

Download the latest version 7 here; uninstall version 8 first, then install version 7.

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/

• pjotr1977
    pjotr1977
    Community Member
    Options

After installation I immediately missed some features:

• Type in Window option from the password dropdown; must have for remote desktop sessions where you can't copy paste;
    • Language of the app cannot be set manually;
    • Favorites is not filtered to my personal filters; now I see all the favorites of my colleagues (1password for teams) as well;

Download the latest version 7 here; uninstall version 8 first, then install version 7.

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/

• Hello NathanT,

Thanks for your feedback here. Quick access is the replacement 1Pw mini. By default this is opened with Ctrl + Shift + Space, but can be adjusted along with the three other shortcuts noted in the Setting (Ctrl + Coma) > General tab.

With regard to your comments about the password generator, I've included those details in an alternate discussion here and I have included this request in the item we're tracking.

ref: IDEA-I-298

With regard to the credential fields in your browser, you can follow the below steps:
    1. Right-click on the 1Password icon located in the browser's toolbar, and select Settings.
    2. Under the heading AutoFill, turn off "Show autofill menu on field focus".

On to the subject of reverting to 1Password 7 for Windows. @pjotr1977 is correct (thanks for the assist). I'd also recommend saving a copy of your Emergency Kit and recording your password on it, as needed. This way you'll always have access to your account credentials: Get to know your Emergency Kit

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

• NathanT
    NathanT
    Community Member
    Options

I have already turned off Show autofill menu on field focus. It removed the menu, but doesn't remove the icon.

Regarding Quick access, unlike 1pw mini it doesn't detect the website I'm on, and so can't be used to fill logins without having to search for them. As far as I can tell, it also can't open the main 1pw app like mini, and it can't generate passwords like mini.

It appears the closest thing to the old mini is the browser extension interface. I've now worked around the fact that I can't set the keyboard shortcut I want by creating an AutoHotKey macro that detects whether I'm in Firefox, and fires the appropriate combo to open the 1pw extension if so, or Quick Access if not.

• Hello @NathanT, sorry for the delayed reply here.

In order to remove the icon from the focused field, this can be done on a per page basis by right-clicking in the browser window, selecting 1Password - Password Manager > Hide on this page.

Thanks for your additional feedback here about Quick Access. I've included these details for the team.

Regarding your comment "it also can't open the main 1pw app like mini", can you tell us more about how you used this functionality and you would like to see this implemented in Quick Access. In the meantime, you can show the app with a global keyboard shortcut - Settings (Ctrl + Comma) > General > Keyboard Shortcut > Show 1Password. Does this help at all?

• NathanT
    NathanT
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, I know I can hide it page by page, but I'd like a way to just get rid of it entirely.

Yes, I can open the main interface with a separate keyboard shortcut, but honestly I'd rather not have to memorize an additional one. I just found it convenient having a single shortcut to get me to anything I need to do with 1PW. Not a huge issue though; I can launch it from the system tray.

• ATR
    ATR
    Community Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

Can you please let us hide the icon from fields as a global setting?

Or maybe a "Hide on this site" option? Thanks

• Thanks for your reply and suggestion, @ATR! I've added a +1 for you in the feature request we're currently tracking with the product team.

ref: IDEA-I-1412

• Spudman1
    Spudman1
    Community Member
    Options

I may be misremembering, but did not version 7 let you know when all caps was on when attempting to enter your master password. Version 8 does not. That was a really nice feature for me as my keyboard does not have an indicator light for that. Also Ctrl +\ does not do anything if I am not logged in. In version 7, if I was not logged in, the 1Password login box would come up with Ctrl +\

• Hello @Spudman1,

You are not misremembering. 1Password 7 for Windows, did indicate the Caps Lock key state on lock screen. I've included a +1 for you in the feature request we're currently tracking with the product team.

With regard to the open/show 1Password 7 app keyboard shortcut, Ctrl + Shift + \ was the default. I personally use the same, but you can create your own for version 8: 1Password keyboard shortcuts

I hope this information helps, but if you need further assistance, just let us know. Thanks!

ref: IDEA-I-673

This discussion has been closed.