Dropbox syncing?

Options
JeffBartels
JeffBartels
Community Member

I just logged in to a Dropbox account I've had for years. Prior to migrating to a Family account for 1Password, I did my syncing across my personal devices using the dropbox account. I deleted a file;e and a folder on Dropbox, assuming there aren't needed since I migrated to the family plan.
When I accessed 1Password on my phone this morning, I saw a message about not finding these file (?) on dropbox. Is my phone now operating in a standalone mode?

1Password Version: 7.9.5 (Mac) 7.9.6 (iPhone)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.6.8
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• @JeffBartels

It sounds as if the phone might have an older standalone vault present. I typically send these instructions out to make sure all of your data is on 1Password.com.

1. Check to make sure all of your data is available on https://my.1password.com and ensure you have a copy of your Emergency Kit. and know your password.

2. If needed, add your account to the device. * It may already be present. How to add your 1Password account to the apps

3. If needed copy any items from your Primary vault to your membership vault (Personal/Private) that are not already present. * Please be sure you have the most up-to-date information in your Personal vault. * You may need to do this on each device.

4. Remove the Primary vault.

• You may need to do this on each device.
  • lawrenceingram
    lawrenceingram
    Community Member
    Options

Wow! You’re suggesting I go back through all the years of my 1Password items stored in my Dropbox vault and individually copy and transfer each one?! This sounds like a reason to drop 1Password. We tried using the subscription when you first introduced it and it was awful. I was willing to sign the family up again for an annual subscription as I figured by now you’d have those bugs worked out, but no support for previous vaults? Unacceptable.

• @lawrenceingram

You don't need to copy items individually for that. You can copy them all in one step. There are instructions on how to do that here: Migrate your existing 1Password data from standalone vaults to a 1Password account. Let me know if you run into any trouble with those.

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.