1P 8 - Vault item count and Esc from full screen

statto1927
statto1927
Community Member

Two more issues I've noticed in v8

Unless I'm doing something wrong I can't anywhere see a count of items in my vault or categories etc.

Also, if I enter full screen mode, pressing Esc doesn't bring the window back to it's pre full screen size as in almost every other app with full screen capability.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: 10.15.7

Comments

• Hi @statto1927:

You can view the number of items in a vault or category in two places:

• The sort options dropdown
    • The bottom of the list view

I've brought up Esc for exiting fullscreen internally, and it seems like some apps use it, and some don't. Using Cmd+Ctrl+F should definitely exit fullscreen mode though, let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• statto1927
    statto1927
    Community Member

@Jack.P_1P
    I'm sorry Jack, the item count options are just a poor solution.
    There's a massive amount of "white space" on the app window. Surely enough space to put an item count in without having to resort to yet another click on the sort options drop down, or having to scroll to the bottom of the list. I just don't think this is good UX

• @statto1927

I'll let the team know you would like to see a different approach. Thanks for the feedback.

ref: IDEA-I-797

• statto1927
    statto1927
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_tommy
    Appreciate that.

• We're happy to help, @statto1927!

• WA Dan
    WA Dan
    Community Member

Scrolling down to the bottom of a category to see the number of items is time consuming when you have over a 1000 items, as I do.

There are some things that don't have their own category, such as serial numbers, that could be listed in more than one place. Seeing all the categories, and how many items are in each, helps one figure out whether to make changes to one's database. It's also helpful to have the look and feel similar between different devices (ie on a Mac vs on an iPhone) as otherwise it gets confusing switching between devices.

Some people may prefer the current design as it's a cleaner look, but I would prefer to continue to have it display the number of items to the right of each category as it does on an iPhone. I suggest adding that as an option in the Preferences | Appearance that users could toggle on or off.

• WA Dan
    WA Dan
    Community Member
    edited July 2022

Ignore - I couldn't fully delete duplicate comment.

• Hi @WA Dan,

Thanks for sharing your use case, I can absolutely understand wanting to keep things organized and having the information available to make changes as your database evolves. I've add your feedback to our internal tracker on the issue. 👍🏻

ref: IDEA-I-797

This discussion has been closed.