Safari extension questions

Hi. Recently the behavior of the Safari extension has changed. When I open Safari after quitting it, I can click on the 1P locked icon in any username / password field to unlock the extension (the "Use 1Password" tooltip comes up) which is great as just 2-3 versions ago I could only unlock it by clicking the extension button in the toolbar. However, the popup that comes from the toolbar extension button after clicking on the 1P locked icon in any username / password field is not triggering a fingerprint unlock but a password one - so I still have to click again on the extension button to trigger fingerprint unlock...

Comments

• Hi @skyisthelimit:

It seems like 1Password for Safari might be having some trouble communicating with 1Password for Mac. If you fully quit both Safari and 1Password for Mac and then reopen them, does that improve your state of play? Let me know!

Jack

• skyisthelimit
    skyisthelimit
    Community Member

Hi no it doesn't, did a reboot too

• Hi @skyisthelimit:

Thanks for confirming. In that case, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• derekw
    derekw
    Community Member

My 1Password extension has vanished from Safair and isn't in preferences, any way to get it back?

• dbooster
    dbooster
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem. I installed the Safari extension about a week ago. Used it fine. But now a few days ago it vanished. I didn't think anything of it at the time. But now I'm investigating the problem. the app store says it is installed and I can load the "1 password for safari app", but the extension doesn't show up in the safari extension menu

• architect911
    architect911
    Community Member

1Password for Safari no longer shows up in Safari.

• Rich_in_HaPA
    Rich_in_HaPA
    Community Member

I discovered that if you open the main 1Password app and click "Help->Troubleshooting" there is an option to "Fix Missing Safari Extension" — I used it an 1Password now shows up in "Safari Preferences->Extensions"

• Sorrel
    Sorrel
    Community Member

Thanks @Rich_in_HaPA - that worked for me! Didn't know that was an option...

• Frafoeac
    Frafoeac
    Community Member

Danke @Rich_in_HaPA, das war die Lösung!

• Hi @derekw / @dbooster / @architect911:

If you quit Safari, then open 1Password and choose Help > Troubleshooting > Fix Missing Safari Extension, does that improve your state of play? Let me know!

Jack

• HaroldMU
    HaroldMU
    Community Member

Thank you @Rich_in_HaPA

• Glad to hear that fixed it for you @HaroldMU! Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.