Form Autofill Does Not Work in Edge

Options

When I have 1password enabled in Edge the autofill feature for forms does not work,
_unless _it is an address, credit card or password.

Basically, the stuff that I have to autofill most - something that repeats everyday - does not work.
When I disable 1password, everything works fine.

Again - I need to be able to autofill GENERAL form data, I cannot do this with the extension enabled.
Please advise.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Edge
Referrer: forum-search:edge form autofill

Comments

• zimka
    zimka
    Community Member
    Options

Is this the wrong place to ask this? Or there's no actual solution to this issue?

• zimka
    zimka
    Community Member
    Options

Here's what I mean.

The first screen is with 1Password extension OFF (Edge offers to autofill GENERAL form fields with previous data) -

The second screen is with 1Password extension ON (1Pass or Edge no longer offer to fill GENERAL form data) -

I remember encountering similar issue a couple years ago with Chrome and fixing it with turning some options off, but no matter what I do now, I can't get it working. Please help.

• Hi @zimka:

What may improve your state of play here is right clicking the 1Password icon in Edge's toolbar, then open Settings. Disable the option for "Make 1Password the default password manager". This will allow Edge's default autofill to save history for these forms again.

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• zimka
    zimka
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Jack.P_1P !

Thank you so much, this indeed, solved my issue.
    I got back the Edge auto-fill history, while 1Password is still available to fill my passwords.
    Thanks again.

• You're very welcome @zimka. Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.