Ver 8.8 no longer remembers Tag settings, Window Pin weirdness

GreatScott
GreatScott
Community Member

I use 1Pass for both home and work. In previous versions, the local install would automatically open to the last selected Tag, so I made a Work Items tag.

The new client always opens with no options selected, and I need to manually select a Tag every time.

Also, my home copy of 1Pass now allows me to use a Windows pin to unlock it. Not only is this insecure, but I can't set the behavior and this doesn't happen on my work laptop. This setting makes no sense and is inconsistent, how and why does it work.. sometimes?

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• GreatScott
    GreatScott
    Community Member

Reading further, there's supposed to be an option here for Windows Hello? Am I in the wrong place?

• Hey @GreatScott:

Is this screenshot on your personal device, or your work laptop? Windows Hello should be a configurable option in Settings > Security as you've shown, but if Windows Hello isn't enabled on your device, it won't be an option to enable or disable.

If this is on your personal device with Windows Hello enabled, we can definitely take a closer look to see why it may not be appearing.

Jack

• GreatScott
    GreatScott
    Community Member

It's a work laptop, and Windows Hello must be disabled. Thanks for the update!

• You're welcome, @GreatScott. Let us know if you have further questions.

This discussion has been closed.