Proxy Settings on 1Password 8

Options
Zaka7
Zaka7
Community Member

Morning All,

I have installed 1PW8 on my Mac at home and it's great, logically i've gone to do the same on my work windows computer (Guest account) and it's not working, What a surprise, I hate windows!

Anyway, It just won't let me log in, I've downloaded it, filled my details (copied from the browser extension so I know they are right) and it says there is a typo or something and unable to sign in.

My IT department have given me some proxy details and told me to fill them in, but there is nowhere to do this, and the auto detect function clearly isn't working.

Help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Zaka_7, thank you for letting us know of this issue. 👋 I'm sorry to learn of the inconvenience it has caused!

It does indeed sound like you're entering your sign-in details correctly, and that a proxy element is likely the source of the issue. We'll be happy to assist with this - can you send us a brief email at support+windows@1Password.com, with a link to this discussion? You've already provided much of the detail we'd need to get started on your case.

If you're able to provide a diagnostic report from 1Password as well, that would be great. On 1Password for Windows 8.7, you should be able to do this by clicking the ⋮ button in the top-left corner, then Settings > Advanced > Send Diagnostic Report. Attach that to your email to us, and we'll get started promptly.

Thanks again, and we'll look forward to helping you with this.

• Zaka7
    Zaka7
    Community Member
    Options

@PeterG_1P Thanks for the reply. I’ve emailed as requested.

• Great, thank you @Zaka_7. We'll continue the conversation over there! 👍

• Cajus
    Cajus
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hi @PeterG_1P,

The same scenario applies to me.

• Installed 1PW8 clients and browser extensions at home on my Mac and Windows PC's; no issues
    • Installed 1PW8 Edge browser extension on my work Windows PC; no issues
    • Installed 1PW8 client on my work Windows PC; cannot login with the same error message as @Zaka_7

In the log there are mentions of selecting the proxy, then connecting successfully to the proxy and then the following errors:
    [1P:op-app\src\app\backend\signin.rs:397] error signing in from data layer: UnableToCreateClient(HttpError(C:\builds\dev\core\core\op-b5-client\src\internal\server_connection.rs:78, IoError(IoError(connect error))))
    [1P:C:\builds\dev\core\core\op-signin\src\lib.rs:444] error signing in from data layer: other error

Hope you can help.

Thanks in advance!

-Cajus

• Hi @Cajus, thanks for letting us know about this - and sorry to learn you've encountered the issue.

This will definitely require discussing specifics of the device and network, so for that reason I'll ask you to send a brief email to support+windows@1Password.com, with a link to this discussion, so our Windows team can help out most effectively. Thanks for providing these details so far; it should get us off to a strong start.

I'll look forward to seeing you over there! 👋

• Cajus
    Cajus
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @PeterG_1P, I've sent the email.

• Thank you @cajus! We've located your message and will follow up with you there. 👍

ref: SIC-89228-217

• artymaury
    artymaury
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    Same problem here, I'm using 1Password 8 behind a company proxy and I can set it up as I did with the last version. Is there a fix or should I reinstall the previous version ?
    Please share the solution here so we don't all have to send you an email.

• Hi @artymaury,

Thanks for your message and I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing some issues with 1Password 8 and a company proxy.

If you've not done so already, can you try adjusting the following setting: Settings (Ctrl + Comma) > Advanced > Proxy > Auto-detect network settings

Should you continue to have issues, can you send a 1Password diagnostics report via email to support+windows@1Password.com so we can help to investigate? Please do not post these details in the forums.

If you could also include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.