"Send to window" missing in 1Password8

2»

Comments

• Good morning folks,

Thank you kindly for all of your feedback. 1Password 8 is a newly built app and not all features were able to make it in. We don't have any more information to share about an auto-type or a type in window solution for 1Password 8 for Windows and are unable to offer any kind of ETA. I can confirm that we're still looking at ways this can be implemented for Windows. I'm happy to be able to advocate for each of you and I've added a +1 to the feature request we're tracking internally.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused for those of you that used this feature on a regular basis and decided to revert to 1Password 7 for Windows. We'll be in touch when we have more news to share. We greatly appreciate your patience.

ref: IDEA-I-193

• mogli
    mogli
    Community Member

It is really sad. You removed one of the key features of the application. Seems you don't know or are interested in the use cases of your customers.

Furthermore the usability of version 8 is really awful. Searching an entry is way more non-intuitive. The drill-down was perfect. Your current solution is pain in the ass.

I'll go back to version 7 and stay as long as I can. If the usability doesn't change I think I need to move forward to another solution.

• Hello @mogli,

We appreciate your feed back here. I've included a +1 for the return of auto-type and/or type in window feature.

As of a Nightly release last week (80901013), we've made some additional improvements to the search functionality by way of substring matching. If you'd like to give this a try, you can download the latest Nightly here.

If you'd prefer to revert to 1Password 7 for Windows, you can reinstall it after uninstalling 1Password 8 from your device.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns. Thanks!

• mahama
    mahama
    Community Member

Another "+1" from me.
    I have also used the "Send to window" function intensively so far. Especially to log in to RDP or TeamViewer connections. Now I have to type the sometimes quite long passwords by hand every time and make sure that no one is looking over my shoulder and reading them.
    This is a step in the wrong direction in terms of password management.
    Please set the priority further up.
    Thank you!

• Thanks for your vote and feedback, @mahama. I've cast this vote on your behalf in the request we're currently tracking. 👍

• cschulze
    cschulze
    Community Member

count me in as well

• Hi folks!

@cschulze, thanks for resurfacing this thread. The Type in window functionality was moved from Beta to Production in a previous release of 1Password 8 for Windows. By right-clicking the appropriate fields (username, password, etc.) in an item, you can select Type in window to send the credentials. Give this a try and let us know if this helps!

If you were referring to an Auto-type functionality from Quick Access, this is a feature request we're continuing to advocate for. I'd be happy to add your voice to this tracked request if you are interested - just let me know!

• cschulze
    cschulze
    Community Member

thx mike!

Is the feature request list public? Your reverence no. looks quite familiar, it's aha.io, isn't it?

• Hello @cschulze,

Good eye, you are correct about the reference number format - our feature request list is not public.

I've gone ahead and cast a vote on your behalf. This feature is on our roadmap, but I have no additional news to share about an ETA. Please keep an eye on our 1Password releases page for updates and new features in 1Password 8. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.