Where can I find the old 1Password Opera extension that works with 1Password version 4.6

kkarin
kkarin
Community Member
edited July 2022 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I've had problems with the extension on my Opera browser - 1 password error "unknown is connected but its code signature could not be verified. Filling and other features are disabled until this issue is resolved". I tried all the options I could find and then tried to delete the extension hoping to reinstall it, however the Chrome extension requires a secret code which only works if you have the subscription. I know my version is outdated and not supported, but it worked fine and I'd really like some help

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Browser:_ Opera

Comments

• Hello @kkarin,

It's sounds like you are looking for the 1Password classic extension. It can be found by following that link or under Looking for the classic extension on this page.

While you're entitled to use the version of 1Password you purchased a license for on your compatible devices indefinitely, if you like to learn more about how we can help you with an upgrade to a subscription and the latest version of 1Password, you can reach out to us at support+tradein@1password.com for more details.

Thanks and have a great day!

• kkarin
    kkarin
    Community Member

Thank you, Mike. I think that is it, but I get an error "Unknown is connected but its code signature could not be verified. Filling and other features are disabled until this issue is resolved." Is there any solution to that? It makes it unusable.

• Hi @kkarin:

Opera relatively recently changed their signing certificate. 1Password uses the signing certificate of browsers to verify that they haven't been modified. 1Password 4 hasn't been updated in nearly 5 years now. Because of this, 1Password 4 won't be able to successfully communicate with the classic extension when used in Opera.

Your best option to use 1Password in Opera would be to migrate to a 1Password membership which would allow you to use the latest version of 1Password. We're offering a 50% off your first 3 years of your 1Password membership, and as Mike mentioned, getting in touch with us at support+tradein@1password.com would be the place to get the ball rolling on that.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.