Windows Version 8 has a very fuzzy appearance. Version 7 was much more crisp. What is wrong?

Options
jburns17
jburns17
Community Member

I just upgraded from V7 to V8 (because you encouraged me to!)...and I'm unhappy with the appearance. I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon 64bit/Windows 10 laptop with two monitors using the docking station...I've never had trouble with fuzzy fonts...this is very annoying. I'd go back to V7, except I need to go thru my IT guys just like installing V8.....do you have a fix coming in an update?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Windows Version 8 has a very fuzzy appearance. Version 7 was much more crisp. What is wrong?

Comments

• Hello @jburns17,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I'm sorry for the issues you are encountering with fuzzy fonts.

We have another thread discussing this topic. Please take a look when you have a moment. Does this sounds similar to your type of setup? In short, ClearType settings may help. Can you try adjusting the ClearType Text Tuner settings from Windows to see if this helps?

If this doesn't help, can you let us know more about monitor setup so we can report these details to the team? Thanks!

• jburns17
    jburns17
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ag_mike_d...thanks for getting back to me. I also sent a request for help directly to 1Password support, and received this helpful reply. I definitely helped with the fuzzy fonts...still a bit lighter than V.7...but much more useable. Looks like others are experiencing this. I did later confirm that I was not having this problem on my laptop screen...just the two monitors via the docking station. So..here is the solution I used:

"Thanks for getting back to us. Since this is only occurring when your laptop is docked, this sounds like it could be a scaling issue.
    Whenever you're back at your dial screen setup, I'd like to ask you to try the following:
    1. In the Start menu search box type advanced scaling settings
    2. Select Fix apps that are blurry.
    3. Turn on Let Windows try to fix apps so they’re not blurry "
    __

• jburns17
    jburns17
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry...missed the last half of the instructions:

At this point close and reopen 1Password and see if the issue is resolved.

• Hello again @jburns17,

Thanks for sharing this update for others that may run into this problem with a similar setup. I'm happy to hear the issue was discovered and that the Windows Advanced scaling settings helped. 👍

This discussion has been closed.