How to Delete All Tags

Options
anzilone
anzilone
Community Member

Hello,

I want to get rid of "undefined/ dashlane password" tag from all items. Is there any way to delete this tag from all login items?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @anzilone, thanks for this question! There is a way to do this.

If you have a lot of items that share a single tag, and you don't want to go through and remove the tag from each one individually, you can just delete the tag itself and it will be automatically removed from all the items that had it.

You can do this by finding the tag in the left-side menu, right-click the tag, and select delete.

Let me know how this goes for you - we'll look forward to hearing back!

• anzilone
    anzilone
    Community Member
    Options

Hey,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately right-click on Tag is not working. Why?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @anzilone !

Are you using v8 already? If yes, you could try the latest beta release, that you can find here:
    https://releases.1password.com/windows/beta/

I think that this feature didn't find its way into the final release, yet...

• Hey @anzilone:

As @DenalB mentioned (thanks for the assist! :sunglasses:) this change isn't in the production release just yet. With that said though, you're more than welcome to switch to the beta releases by following the steps here: Use 1Password beta releases

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• anzilone
    anzilone
    Community Member
    Options

Does the Beta version help me to delete all tags?

• anzilone
    anzilone
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Now I can delete tags. Thanks, everyone.

• Hi @anzilone, excellent to hear that this worked out for you. As always, we're for any more questions or feedback. Thanks for letting us know this came to a happy conclusion!

• anzilone
    anzilone
    Community Member
    Options

Now I can delete tags. Thanks everyone.

• Thanks for getting back to us again, @anzilone. You're welcome!

In case you're interested, I also wanted to let you know that we've recently updated the 1Password 8 Beta with ability to rename tags from the sidebar. I've included a link to those release notes here.

Have a great day!

• anzilone
    anzilone
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. Will check.

• Happy to help, @anzilone! Let us know if you have further questions. 😀

This discussion has been closed.