The "Reveal" Button is Gone in Latest iOS App Version [press and hold to get 'reveal']

Mousit
Mousit
Community Member
edited August 2022 in iOS

Just updated to version 7.9.7 of the iOS app. When viewing Logins, tapping on a password now presents only "Copy" and "Show in Large Type" commands. There is no longer a "Reveal" option. Is this a bug or intentional feature change?

1Password Version: iOS 7.9.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.6
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited August 2022

Hello @Mousit! 👋

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to us. Our development team is aware and is currently investigating; I have added you to our internal tracker for this issue. As a workaround, if you tap and hold on the concealed field of the item in question, you should see a Reveal option appear. If you then tap Reveal, you should be able to see the concealed information.

Thank you for reporting the issue and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

ref: apple-5703

• Mousit
    Mousit
    Community Member

@Dave_1P Oh nice, I didn't even know there was a press-and-hold menu. Yep, the reveal works normally there, and that's certainly easy enough as a workaround until it's patched. Thanks!

• a6sellit
    a6sellit
    Community Member

Add me to your internal tracker as well, please. I am having the same issue.

• I've got you added.

• Tbanger9
    Tbanger9
    Community Member

I concur... add me to this list.... and.... by report from my sister on our Teams account... she reported this to me... so, add her too.... as of now, the 'only' way to see a password is by choosing 'Show in Large Type'...

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2022

This will be addressed in the next update to 1Password 7.

@Tbanger9 Until then you can also press and hold on the password field to get the reveal option.

Thanks all for reporting this.

Ben

• nufsed
    nufsed
    Community Member

Hi, the long press to reveal a password is a backward step. As family IT support I have had feedback that it is not discoverable

• nufsed
    nufsed
    Community Member

Hi, the long press to reveal a password is a backward step. As family IT support I have had feedback that it is not discoverable

• Jack.P_1P
    edited August 2022

Hi @nufsed:

Thanks for your feedback on this. As Ben mentioned, this will be addressed in the next update to 1Password 7.

Jack

• daisygirl001
    daisygirl001
    Community Member

What about in 1Password 8? Are you going to fix the requirement to long-press to Reveal a password field so we can set the default to always Reveal passwords? This is in reference to iOS. Thanks, Nancy

• Hi @daisygirl001

Tap to copy with a long press to show a menu is the intended functionality for these fields. I do not anticipate this changing in 1Password 8. That said, we are looking at ways we might increase the visibility/discoverability of this. No definite plans at this point, beyond evaluating our options in that regard.

Ben

• Mousit
    Mousit
    Community Member

@Ben

I too would prefer the ability to configure the default tap action. I rarely have an issue with autofill, so quite literally 90+% of the time I'm in the iOS app messing with a password, it's to reveal it, not copy it.

This is typically so I can type a password while at a machine (usually my work desktop) that I don't have 1P installed on or that otherwise doesn't have access to my personal vault.

This discussion has been closed.