1password desktop not passing credentials to browser add-in

Options
dmburkhart4
dmburkhart4
Community Member

I have a Windows 11 laptop on which I've installed both the Desktop client and Edge Add-in. I always sign into the Desktop client, then I can close and re-open Edge and not have to reauthenticate into the add-in. However, I also have a Windows 10 desktop machine and the desktop client will never pass my credentials to the browser add-in. I've tried uninstalling both, then installing the latest desktop client followed by the latest add-in; no change. How can I get this to work as my laptop does? Thank you.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: Windows 10 (fully patched)
Browser:_ Edge 104.0.1293.47
Referrer: forum-search:1password desktop not passing credentials to browser add-in

Comments

• Hi @dmburkhart4:

Just to rule everything out, is "Integrate with the 1Password desktop app" enabled in 1Password in Edge's settings? Right click the 1Password icon in Edge's toolbar then choose Settings. If it's enabled there, let me know, and we'll be able to take a closer look.

Jack

• dmburkhart4
    dmburkhart4
    Community Member
    Options

I apologize for the lack of response. I don't use my desktop as much as my laptop. Yes - it is (was) already set to On.

• Hi @dmburkhart4,

Thanks for letting us know that Integrate with the 1Password desktop app was already enabled.

Can you please provide some additional details via email to support+forums@1Password.com so we can help to investigate?

Please do not post these details in the forums.

Can you also include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. Thank you!

• dmburkhart4
    dmburkhart4
    Community Member
    Options

I'll try to get that done this afternoon. I have a small window of opportunity today. This is a really frustrating issue. It works great on my laptop; I can close the browser and not have to re-authenticate the next time I open it. On the desktop, not so much. Thank you for the reply.

• Hello again @dmburkhart4,

I apologize for any frustration this has caused you and appreciate you sending along those details when you can. Once received the team will take a look and be in touch via email with next steps. Thanks and have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.