Feature request: Better completion of wifi passwords on iOS

Options
_B_
_B_
Community Member

Hi 1PW team,

I save the passwords for wireless networks I connect to (both router admin logins, and wifi connection passwords) to the "Wireless Routers" portion of 1PW. On iOS at least (maybe other platforms), when connecting to wifi networks, I tap the "Passwords" button above the keyboard to pull up 1PW for autocomplete, but 1PW only shows me "Logins," not passwords I've saved in the Wireless Routers section. This means I have to leave Settings, open 1PW standalone, search for and manually copy the password I need, then go back to Settings and paste it.

Am I missing an easy way to autocomplete wifi passwords in Settings on iOS? If not, could Settings (A) default wifi password dialog to the Wireless Routers section, ideally even matching the SSID to the network name field of 1PW for full autocomplete? Or at least (B) allow accessing all sections of 1PW from the dialogue that opens, rather than restricting it to just "Logins." Given I imagine there are some 1PW users who use the features their own way (i.e. saving all wifi passwords in one Secure Note, saving them as Passwords rather than Wireless Routers, etc. -- that may be the most flexible as a backup, even if you can implement part A.

Related, it'd be amazing if when connecting to new wireless networks, we could be prompted to save the login to 1PW automatically, like happens on websites.

Of course, if I'm missing something or my experience isn't expected behavior I'd love to know.

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @"B":

As it currently stands, we only surface Login, Password, and Server items to Password AutoFill in iOS, as AutoFill surfaces results by URL, not anything else in the item. We're always exploring additional options though, so thanks for your feedback!

In the meantime, your best bet would be to copy and paste from 1Password when adding a Wi-Fi network to your device.

Jack

• _B_
    _B_
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! Will do. Just think this is perhaps the biggest weakness in 1PW's interface so wanted to share. Thanks for confirming I'm using it right!

• You're very welcome!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.