Unable to import from CSV?

Options

I have a CSV file of software licenses. Previously, I was able to import files like this into 1Password automatically, with a database item created for each license in the CSV.

I can no longer find where to go to achieve this. Have you removed this feature, or merely relocated it somewhere obscure?

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.6.0 (80600068) beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.2

Comments

• rob
    Options

Hey, @timothymh. The current desktop app betas do not have an import feature yet, but it's something we hope to bring back soon. You can use the web app to import a variety of formats, but unfortunately Software Licenses are not supported in the "Other" category yet.

I've added your vote to our internal issue tracker.

ref: dev/core/core#8586

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2022
    Options

@timothymh

You can use the csv importer in the converter suite . You'll need to install 1Password 7 to import the resulting 1PIF, however.

• rob
    Options

Ah yes, thanks @MrC!

You'll need to install 1Password 7 to import the resulting 1PIF, however.

I believe you can also use the "1Password" option in the web app as shown above.

• ethomp
    ethomp
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @rob, unfortunately, the current iteration of the web app only supports CSV or XML files, depending on the export format of the various password managers.

Like @timothymh, I use the import software licences from CSV every couple of months. It's bad enough that "custom" application icons aren't supported, but since the 1Password online documentation to Migrate 1Password Account assumes the end goal is to get onto 1Password 8, the bottom mentions 1PUX or 1PIF, but once you've gone through all the steps in the documentation, unless you've kept 1P7 (not recommended), you no longer have the ability to import a 1PIF file.

I understand 1PIF is an "old" format (but by that logic, CSV is even older). At the very least, the web importer should be able to handle 1PIF.

• rob
    Options

Ah, thanks for the correction. I agree we should make sure it's possible to import 1PIF files in our modern apps, and I've passed your vote on to the team.

ref: dev/core/core#15553
    ref: PSS-I-110

This discussion has been closed.