New logins don't auto-offer to save

Options

Since the new version was installed on my Mac when I login to a new site 1P no longer offers to save my login. Which is super annoying. Sometimes there is a box that pops up while I am filling in the form that says "Save in 1Password", even though I am not finished filling out the login. And sometimes I have to go to the right of the login field and click on the 1P icon and then choose Save in 1P. But I shouldn't have to do any of that before hitting login. It should recognize that there isn't already a login for this site and offer to save it once I am done and hit "login". Sometimes I don't remember to preemptively tell it to save it. I shouldn't have to make that decision for 1P (to offer to save it). It should be doing that for me.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: 11.5.2
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:logins wont auto save

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @phirenze !

Sometimes there is a box that pops up while I am filling in the form that says "Save in 1Password", even though I am not finished filling out the login.

That's exactly the way 1Password in the browser extension works. You have to use the popup to save new logins.
    Save a login with the browser extension

But as you wrote, this popup appears before you are logged in correctly, and it could happen that you save credentials that don't work. So you have to edit or delete these saved credentials.

There are some feature requests for changing this process. Hopefully this will be realized in the near future.

• phirenze
    phirenze
    Community Member
    Options

What is going on with this? Prior to this new version you would put in your credentials and hit submit and then it would ask if you wanted to save them. Easy. Besides the fact that doing it the current way could save bad credentials, it's highly confusing and not intuitive to less tech savvy users - like my parents who I changed my subscription to include this year. They just aren't going to click "Save in 1Password" mid way through logging into a site for the first time, finish putting the credentials in the 1P popup, then go back the site login screen and try to get 1P to prompt them to click on the login to have it populated. That's just crazy. I don't even like doing this. I often forget as I hurriedly put in my credentials. It's just a TERRIBLE design and flow change. Is this going to be changed back? As it is my parents are saving ZERO new logins because the process is too confusing. It's supposed to be simple and easy. And it is neither of those now.

• zxrxhzmn
    zxrxhzmn
    Community Member
    Options

Same here, just can't believe they now ask to manually save the passwords before you actually login.

there should be a pop out window to ask you to save the password or not after you are logged in. I believe they had this feature but now it's gone but they could have both features.

Terrible decision made and this is making everyone's life harder.

This discussion has been closed.