Unable to add additional form details

Options
wagnerone
wagnerone
Community Member

In v7 I often needed to manually add form fields that 1Password for whatever reason didn't pick up.

I see in v8 I can view the form fields it saved (though it's odd and different it doesn't list username/password in there anymore), but I can't add any new fields. I can only delete them. Please restore this functionality.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member
    Options

It's been a while, so I'm checking back in on this.

• Hi @wagnerone, thanks for this question.

I don't know of any condition that would prevent new fields from being added to a 1Password item. Could you explain a little more about the issue you've encountered?

For example:

• Is this occurring in the desktop app (that is, in 1Password 8 for Mac / Windows / Linux), or is it in 1Password in your browser?
    • What happens when you click edit in an item's detail window and try to add new fields?

I'll look forward to learning more about this, and helping you resolve it. Thanks! 😃

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

I used to do this in v7, but the ability is no longer present in v8.

I would edit a record in the 1Password app (or floating window in the browser) and add/update form fields as needed.

I'm talking specifically about form fields.

Example: 1Password never picks up the "account name" field on the AWS console login page. It only gets username and password. So, I have to edit the 1Password record and manually add a form field called "account name" and the appropriate value for that AWS account.

I can't even see the form fields in v8, much less edit/add to them.

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

This is really becoming a problem and cramping our style in regard to using 1Password v8.

I fight with this constantly and always hit a brick wall, of course, because the functionality is no longer there.

Why can I no longer add new form fields and/or modify existing form field parameters?!

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member
    Options

Is the only recourse to delete the existing 1Password record, re-login to the site, and hope 1Password gets all the pertinent fields captured and captured correctly?

Then, if a field parameter changes again, do the process again and again?

This discussion has been closed.