1 team member sees "your trial ends in 9 days" message when logging in

Options
ian________________b
ian________________b
Community Member
edited August 2022 in Business and Teams

He's logged in on desktop and has created some passwords. When logged in on mobile those passwords don't appear to be there, and he's the only person seeing the warning message. Logging in on the browser

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:your free trial ends

Comments

• Hello @ian________________b,

Thanks for writing in to ask about your team member seeing this trial warning. I'm Scott on the 1Password support team, and it's my pleasure to help you with this.

Based on what you've said, it sounds like your team member may have signed up for a totally new 1Password account instead of having joined your team by invitation. Perhaps they joined your team on one device, and signed up for a new account on another device? If they would like to email support@1password.com we can help them confirm if this is the case, and help them get everything sorted out.

Assuming I'm right about what happened, the solution is as follows:

1. If they don't already have an account in your team, have an owner or administrator on your team to invite them to create a new account within your team.
    2. They should sign in to the team account on all devices. If any of the devices have another account, leave it logged in for now.
    3. Move and copy items from the erroneously created account into the team account. On a Mac or Windows device, this can be a drag and drop process when signed into 1Password 8.
    4. Once all of their data has been moved, it's safe to sign out of the erroneously created account on all of their devices.
    5. They should ensure the subscription for that account has been cancelled by contacting 1Password support or visiting the billing page while signed into 1Password.com.

I hope this information helps. Beyond what I've shared here, it will likely be difficult to discuss your case in a public forum. Let me know if the situation is resolved, or email support@1password.com and mention this post on the community to continue the conversation in private.

Let me know how it goes.

• Hi @ian________________b,

Thank you for emailing our support team. Since we're now discussing this case by email, I'll close out this forum thread and continue the conversation over email. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.