Cannot update forum profile email

Options
nickgg
nickgg
Community Member
edited August 2022 in Lounge

I am trying to update my profile email, but I’m getting “Usernames must be 3-20 characters and consist of letters, numbers, and underscores.” which is weird for 2 reasons:

• My username already fits into these requirements.
  • I’m not even trying to change my username.

Can someone look into this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPadOS 15.6
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2022
    Options

@"nick"

As we'll need to look into your account (I also do not want you to reveal your new email in this open forum), I would like to ask you to please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

--

I highly suspect the underscores in your name are the issue. We recently disallowed them due to troubles like this. I would recommend us talking about changing that so you do not encounter this again at a later date. If you would like to skip emailing us, I can change your forum name and see if that allows you to proceed. If that's ok please indicate something you might like. Please abide by the community standards. Also, adding numbers to the end helps a lot as most common names are taken.

Edit: See my trouble @ ing you above.

• nickgg
    nickgg
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Tommy,

Is it the fact that it begins and/or ends with an underscore?
    You can try changing my username to “nick_g” and see if that helps? I’ve already checked and I don’t think it’s taken.
    If not, I’ll think of something without underscores altogether.

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2022
    Options

No the underscore is the problem, at least that's what I found in the last few folks I have talked with. I would recommend removing it outright.

• nickgg
    nickgg
    Community Member
    Options

Sure, please change it to “nickgg” then, see if that helps.

• nickgg
    nickgg
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy any luck mate?

• Sorry @nickgg

You caught me out of the office. Please try now and let me know if you have any trouble. If you do, please email us as indicated above.

• nickgg
    nickgg
    Community Member
    Options

All good now, no issues after the change. Thanks.

• @nickgg

You're most welcome.

This discussion has been closed.