How can I stop 1Password X from asking me to "Click OK to fill your 1Password item on..."?

Comments

• petecurley
    petecurley
    Community Member

• petecurley
    petecurley
    Community Member

• zobocop
    zobocop
    Community Member
    edited February 2022

Don't know if there's been an update or if I've accidentally changed a setting, but it seems like the 'click OK to fill' popup is no longer showing on my phone, excellent!

Now the only things to make it a bit more seamless would be if default login details were to be automatically entered. I get the 'Select the account that you want to use' pop up. This makes sense if there are multiple accounts saved, but if there is only one, is there a way for it to be autofilled straight away?

Lastly, it would be great to not have to unlock 1P for each and every set of account details. Just for each login session, as is the case on a desktop. Or perhaps a user definable timeout between subsequent unlocks.

Edit: after digging around in the settings a bit more I think I have found what I just described. Sooo much smoother to use now.

• hmdibella
    hmdibella
    Community Member

@zobocop why don't you explain how you resolved this thing?

• zobocop
    zobocop
    Community Member

I don't know what happened, one day I realised that it no longer did the pop up, I just assumed it was an update. Now I just use my fingerprint to unlock and the user name and password fields are auto filled. In settings, I have all the autofill switches enabled, and in security, I increased the 'automatically lock' time to 10 minutes.

• swm10021
    swm10021
    Community Member

Just testing 1Password (looking to switch from KeyChain and then LastPass) and it seems great....that is until I actually started using it everyday and this is a TOTAL nightmare. I have spent 20 years in software development and this sort of stuff drives me crazy....

What do you want to bet the programer/product development guy who came up with this either doesn't use the product everyday or has a "special" environment variable to turn this off.

Please fix this, basic UI design is all about efficiency. Adding clicks for absolutely no reason is exact opposite of what modern design and usability dictates.

• cryptochrome
    cryptochrome
    Community Member

The sheer arrogance of 1P in this is incredible. 4 pages full of frustrated users, over a year worth of complaints, yet here we are again, 1P telling everyone "no".

Also 1P:
    You do it our way or no way. We decide for you what, we think, is best for you.

Also 1P:
    We do not trust our users to be mature and responsible, so we forcefully "protect" them.

• joemichaelclarke
    joemichaelclarke
    Community Member

I can't believe I read 4 pages of the same simple request and no resolution.
    Thanks for wasting my time while I was looking to a solution for all the time I'm wasting.
    Anyone considering an alternative they can recommend?

• petecurley
    petecurley
    Community Member

• skivvie
    skivvie
    Community Member

Just adding my frustration to this thread. I've used 1P forever and since this modal was added I'm hating it more and more daily. I just had to click ok 3 times on a short form for CC, address and email... and this is nearly every form I fill out. Multiple OKs. PLEASE revert to whatever it was before that was working fine for years. So over this.

• petecurley
    petecurley
    Community Member

• JimiSkelly
    JimiSkelly
    Community Member

It has been more than two years since the original post describing this incredibly annoying and bad user experience. Any update on a fix? Signing up for the 1password community to post this require clicking the ok box 5 times

• planetz
    planetz
    Community Member
    edited May 2022

Really disappointing. FIX THIS! It's an easy fix, just make it optional. Everyone understands the risk they are undertaking using this software.

• @planetz

You and I might understand the risks, but not everyone is as well-versed as we are. A very good friend of mine once told me, "Not everyone flies as fast as we do" I have heeded his advice since that day, over a decade ago. I often think back to it. I will be happy to let the team know you would like some type of change here. I can't make promises, but I can advocate for your position.

• jaycrouch
    jaycrouch
    Community Member

wow; just wow. was super impressed with the product and just finished migrating my team of 20 from lastpass... and now i need to find a new product. Really really really ridiculously stupid product management here.

• MerelyGin
    MerelyGin
    Community Member

I know the +1 thing isn't making much of a difference here but it does pin this thread to my profile so I can come back from time to time and find out how this is coming along. It's such a pain, but the posts of @petecurley have kept me very entertained on this tale of woe

• planetz
    planetz
    Community Member

Presumably there is a limit to how hard you hold your users' hands, right? I could print my master password and leave it in a public place. If my account were then to be compromised, no reasonable person would think that's the fault of 1P. Adding a toggle for the confirmation prompt with an explicit disclaimer is a totally reasonable solution.

• unitsa
    unitsa
    Community Member

Adding one more voice to the frustration. It's all about balancing security and efficiency, and this is on the wrong - and annoying - side of things. At least in the opinion of quite a few users.

• Ryon
    Ryon
    Community Member
    edited June 2022

@ag_tommy it's easy, just make it a toggle with a big disclaimer. People can decide for themselves if they want that extra protection or not. It's like Germans wearing a bicycle helmet in the Netherlands. We make a bit of fun at them, but they think it's necessary. But it's a choice if they want to have that protection.

For the comment that not everyone understands the risk, that's why you can explain it at the disclaimer.

Just adding my voice here as well. I used Dashlane before and I hated the autofocus at the popup after a failed login. But this one makes me crazy as well haha

• petecurley
    petecurley
    Community Member

• cmondoux
    cmondoux
    Community Member

No meme to share but adding a +1...subscriber since '19 and this is seriously degrading the experience of an otherwise great app. Listen to your users!

• petecurley
    petecurley
    Community Member

• slate
    slate
    Community Member
    edited July 2022

I feel like there must be some undisclosed security vulnerability or browser level requirement causing this dialog to happen.

No rational company in this business would create this extra dialog willingly. It's got to be part of an api or a very serious litigation concern for the company.

Is there a way to compromise? Could the confirmation requirement be met in an easier way? Could you pop up the confirmation near my cursor at least? Or a keystroke?

• Uriah
    Uriah
    Community Member
    edited August 2022

I implore all the 1Password responders here to escalate this issue to your CEO or CPO. You're hearing a passionate group of users asking for a VERY simple feature that is taking away from their experience.

Leave the capability in... leave it even as a default so that the less security-minded users wont fall prey to inadvertent form-filling, but all the more sophisticated users can enjoy a few less clicks in their life... just look at Pete's memes, for the love of all that is good in this world, he's clearly SOPHISTICATED

(Pete, seriously, well done man!)

• Ezrael
    Ezrael
    Community Member

For the sake of all the f**cks that could be given.
    How many more frustrated users will it require for 1Password to fix this nightmare?

I have chosen this manager specifically to make it EASIER to fill in my details while at the same time managing the multitude of passwords.

IF you believe the Prompt is for our, users, good and turning it off would make us vulnerable then ADD a triple layer of confirmations but ALLOW US to turn off the ConfirmationPrompt.
    You can make a disclaimer, send an e-amil with a code and ask us three times "Are you sure you want to disable the prompt, we will not be held responsible if ... " BUT ALLOW US TO DO IT!

Oh and YES, I went through the trouble of reading all the thread then creating an account on the community for the sole purpose of letting out my frustration < this is how close I am to switching back to good ol' Chrome Password manager, with no layer of protection, just because I'm fed up of clicking "Ok" thought the day.

• verdi1987
    verdi1987
    Community Member
    edited August 2022

@Ezrael, unfortunately, it will never be addressed. This thread is 2½ years old. I’ve resorted to using a different browser with the extension disabled specifically for websites where this dialog occurs.

If a prompt is so obtrusive that the user has to disable 1Password, is it really a good prompt?

• EvanWasHere
    EvanWasHere
    Community Member

I have started typing in addresses, CC#s and other info myself BECAUSE OF THE DAMN OK POPUP!!

Google autofill never needed this popup. Why does 1Password?

• petecurley
    petecurley
    Community Member

@Uriah 🙏

• alialmahari
    alialmahari
    Community Member

🧐

• arthgold
    arthgold
    Community Member

COULDN'T AGREE MORE!!!

I used to find this program purely helpful. Now it's much more of a nuisance to use than it used to be. The business about "click to fill" strikes me as security theater and nothing more. I've already asked 1PW to fill in the info!!! Why would I benefit from being made to confirm. This feature is new for my version of 1PW, and I hate it.

I do love this program and recommend it all the time. But this feature is seriously the pits.

This discussion has been closed.