Crypto wallet items do not save password history

dac2348736
dac2348736
Community Member

I have noticed with the recently added category for Crypto Wallet that the password history is not saved as it is with normal login items. I changed a password in one of my Crypto wallets and then needed to go back to see the previous password, but was unable to.
Is this on the roadmap for inclusion into the product? It would be truly helpful.
Thanks

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Chrome 104
Referrer: forum-search:crypto wallet does not save password history

Comments

• Hi @dac2348736,

We appreciate your feature request and understand how useful this would be. While I can't make any promises about when or if this type of feature may make it to 1Password 8, I've added a vote on your behalf to the request we're currently tracking. Thanks!

ref: IDEA-I-288

• KeplerOne
    KeplerOne
    Community Member
    edited February 2023

Crypto wallets, both hardware and software, are designed to securely store your private keys, which are the keys to your cryptocurrency assets. The private keys must be kept confidential and secure because if someone gains access to them, they can steal your assets. Most wallets do not store password history for security reasons, as this could potentially compromise the security of the wallet. Instead, users are encouraged to create strong, unique passwords and to store them securely. Some wallets may offer password recovery options such as seed phrases, but this should also be kept confidential and secure.

This discussion has been closed.