1Password 8 on iPhone causing Norton360 unsafe site warning when click "Items" icon

Nathan634
Nathan634
Community Member
edited August 2022 in Business and Teams

Upgraded to 1Password 8 on my iPhone this morning. When I click on the "Items" icon at the bottom of the screen Norton360 is displaying an "Unsafe Site" warning for a.1passwordentusercontent.com:443
Threat Report states: This is a known dangerous webpage. It is highly recommended that you do NOT visit this page.

Addendum:
discovered I'm getting the same warning from Norton360 when I click on any of the options available when I open the menu under the "+" in the upper right corner of the screen.
Also happens when I open ANY of the current logins configured in 1Password. Everything is still working as normal in 1Password 7.

ref: Zendesk-#63258

1Password Version: 8.9.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.6
Browser:_ Edge
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 8 on iPhone causing Norton360 unsafe site warning when click "Items" icon

Comments

• Hi @Nathan634,

Thanks for alerting us to this warning from Norton 360. Our team is investigating this now, and will continue the discussion with you in the support ticket / email you've sent in.

Thank you,

• ScottS1P
    edited August 2022

Hi Nathan (and other community members),

We've contacted Norton 360 to resolve the situation. Our current thinking is that they don't see much traffic to our enterprise domains and thus flagged this one as a potential risk because it's similar to our non-enterprise user content domain.

Since this is part of the 1Password app and it's safe to proceed, anyone impacted by this can either ignore the warnings, or consider excluding the 1passwordentusercontent.com domain from Norton 360's monitoring. I found this link which may be helpful in changing that setting on their end: https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v133750308

Feel free to email support@1password.com with any questions.

ref: dev/core/core#16860

This discussion has been closed.