1p8 permissions

Options
Conradical
Conradical
Community Member

I was just granting auto fill permissions to 1p8. When I was sent to the Android dialog to choose from a list of input apps both 1p7 and 1p8 have the same name and I could not determine which one needed to be set as default.

Would it be possible to differentiate the names? They were identical on my device as 1password.

Comments

• saad
    Options

Hi @Conradical. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'll pass on your suggestion forward to avoid any confusion between the two versions of 1Password you have installed.

With that being said, once you've installed 1Password 8 and have signed into your account, you can uninstall 1Password 7 and use 1Password 8 exclusively.

• Conradical
    Conradical
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Saad

I just deleted the 1p7 version and had a similar experience. The list of installed apps has the same name collision. I was able to identify the apps by scrolling to the last item in the details for each entry where fortunately the version number is exposed. At that point I deleted the version seven app.

• Hi @Conradical, on behalf of Saad you are very welcome! Let us know if we can help with anything else.

This discussion has been closed.