Problem with the Safari Extension

MatthewPackwood
MatthewPackwood
Community Member

The Safari Extension has disappeared, it no longer shows in the extensions bar in Safari (next to the Address bar) and it no longer shows in the Extensions in Safari / Preferences. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but "no joy"

1Password Version: 8.7.3
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hi @MatthewPackwood:

If you quit Safari, then open 1Password, and choose Help > Troubleshooting > Fix Missing Safari Extension, does that improve your state of play? Let me know!

Jack

• MatthewPackwood
    MatthewPackwood
    Community Member

Yep, that fixed it!

• Glad to hear it @MatthewPackwood! Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with in the future.

Jack

• 411Password
    411Password
    Community Member

I have same problem but that fix didn't work. And all I see is 1Password 7 extension being available for Safari.

• Hi @411Password,

Sorry to hear your 1Password Safari extension isn't appearing as expected. 1Password 7 had a Safari extension built in, but if you're using 1Password 8 you may need to download the relevant Safari extension: Get started with 1Password in your browser

You can then open Safari's Preference and under Extensions, enable 1Password for Safari. 🙂

Let me know how that works for you or if you have any questions!

• 411Password
    411Password
    Community Member

Thank you very much. But have you seen reviews of the latest 1Password extension for Safari? You can't always trust online reviews, but it looks like 1Password extension for Safari is not worth downloading.

• Emaneman
    Emaneman
    Community Member

I am new to 1Password. Installed Safari extension 7 but I do not see the icon when asked for password when setting up new account or trying to change to a new password. Any suggestions ?

• Emaneman
    Emaneman
    Community Member

I believe that the problem lies in the extension choice. I believe that I initially chose wrong, 1password for safari 2.3.7, an older version, rather than 1password 7.9.5 that might also work with most recent IOS and newer Macs. please confirm this is correct. thanks

• I hope we can win you over one day, @411Password! In the meantime I'd still like to get 1Password 7's Safari extension working for you. Can you tell me if it's enabled? You can check this under the Extensions section of the Safari Preferences:

@Emaneman,

Firstly, welcome to 1Password! If you're using 1Password 7 it would come with its own Safari extension so you won't need to download anything additional. You can refer to the above screenshot for how to check that it's enabled in Safari. You mentioned the icon is missing on username/password fields, is it also missing from your Safari taskbar?

Looking forward to hearing from both of you and finding some resolutions! 🙂

• 411Password
    411Password
    Community Member

I can't install latest 1Password extension for Safari because the reviews for it are just too critical to be able to trust it. It's obviously not wise to install apps that are horribly reviewed. And instead of encouraging people to trust and install a bad 1Password extension for Safari, shouldn't AgileBits Inc. be fixing its bad extension?

• Hi @411Password,

Apologies if I wasn't clear, that screenshot shows how to check if the 1Password 7 Safari Extension (not the latest one) is enabled, as you mentioned yours wasn't appearing as expected. We're certainly interested in iterating and improving all aspects of 1Password and would welcome any feedback you have to share.

Let me know if you have any questions or would like to troubleshoot your current Safari Extension further!

• 411Password
    411Password
    Community Member

You have to know that 1Password 8 is a mess. So why are you insisting that people use it???

This discussion has been closed.