1PW 8.8.0 on Windows 10- opens up to a full screen window

cappy
cappy
Community Member
edited August 2022 in Windows

When I invoke 1PW either through the browser icon or the application itself, it displays an almost full-screen window.
This is not the first time I've had this issue, I've mentioned it in the past (**way **before 8.x though)

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member

Would the moderators please move my message to the Windows forum? I posted it here by mistake.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@cappy

Done.

• Hi @cappy, thanks for raising this issue (and thank you @MrC for facilitating!).

@Cappy, to make sure we understand the context: are you using any display scaling on this monitor?

Thank you, and we'll be happy to look into this for you.

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member

"are you using any display scaling on this monitor?"
    Maybe, let me check

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member

This is the scaling setting for that monitor (a 2 monitor system)

• Hello @cappy,

Thanks for getting back to us with this image of those settings. It doesn't appear that this is the issue here.

Can you let us know if the unlock screen is the same size as the app window itself once unlocked? Resizing this window may help, but once unlocked the app will maintain the size you've set, either when opening from the 1Password in the browser icon or the app itself. Let us know if this helps.

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member

The unlock screen stays the same size as the app window after it is unlocked. Both are full screen.

• Hi @cappy,

Please excuse the delay in response. The behaviour you are seeing is expected. Unlike version 7 where the unlock screen was a separate, smaller window, 1Password 8's unlock screen matches the size you've set the app window to.

While I can't make any promises about changes to the way this works, we are tracking a feature request for customers who would like to see changes to this and being similar to version 7's unlock screen. I've added a +1 to this request for you.

ref: IDEA-I-1177

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member

The behaviour you are seeing is expected

Why? Why did this behavior change? It used to be a nice small dialog, that was the right size, although it was always in the way of the
    login screen.

• Hi @cappy,

Thanks for your reply! 1Password 8 for Windows is an entirely separate app, built from the ground up. The unlock window is part of the main app window, so it will always match the size you've set the app window to.

We appreciate you letting us know how important this is to you, and I can absolutely understand how having a separate unlock window similar to the way it worked in 1Password 7 could be more convenient. I can see that my colleague Mike has added your voice to the feature request we have on file to track interest in this, and our Product team will be able to see your comments when reviewing this feature.

If you have any further feedback or questions, let us know!

This discussion has been closed.