1Password 8 Search Not Finding Logins

Options
jjstipe
jjstipe
Community Member

When I open an app and it doesn’t match a login exactly, I used to be able to search and find the login based one of the URL fields. That option does not seem to be working in 1Password 8 when searching from the login prompt in the app to which I am trying to log in. It does work when I open 1Password itself and perform the same search. See linked video. In the video, I am searching for the “jstipe” login by using “kvm” and “client”

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/083uOAsT32w4CpNKqwgenR0ZA#RPReplay_Final1660218225

1Password Version: 8.9.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPad 15.6
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 8 Search Not Finding Logins

Comments

• mrZeld
    mrZeld
    Community Member
    Options

+1
    I added a new field with the word ‘taxpayer’ in the name. 1p7 finds the record with this field, 1p8 does not. I am finding that searching does not work nearly as well in 1p8 as before, makes it impossible to switch to or even recommend any longer - being able to search is that important, of course.

• CMYKirk
    CMYKirk
    Community Member
    Options

Fully agree with mrZeld, without find workaround, this v8 is worthless to me.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

Search is improved in the latest nightly builds but these improvements didn't find their way into the beta or final builds, yet. Please stay tuned to get an improved search in the near future. 😉

• Hi @mrZeld / @jjstipe / @CMYKirk:

Thanks for bringing this up. As @DenalB noted, we've recently made some improvements to search, including substring search. These changes right now are currently only in the nightly builds of 1Password 8 on the desktop, and aren't available in 1Password 8 for mobile just yet. Stay tuned!

Jack

• Hi @noraar:

While you're absolutely right that we now have a singular codebase for 1Password 8 across all our supported apps, we're still fine tuning this change, so it will first need to go through beta, before making it to the production releases of each of our apps.

Jack

• leesweet
    leesweet
    Community Member
    Options

Is the automatic search (what is displayed as the suggestion) improved also? 1P7 used to give you the login for the URL, as expected. 1P8 seems to find 'all records' and at the top is password records (not login records). Password records are useless in any case (and I think should never be displayed unless searching explicitly for password records).

What I'm forced to do now is always click on the 'key', get the list, and choose the login record, which was virtually never needed in 1P7.

• Hi @leesweet:

We're investigating that as well. While I can't make any promises, I'm hopeful that we'll have this sorted out soon.

Jack

• leesweet
    leesweet
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P Thanks for the update!

• You're very welcome!

Jack

• baldyauldeejit
    baldyauldeejit
    Community Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

When is this going to be fixed? I’m extremely sorry I upgraded. V7 is bad enough with the issue of credit cards not showing up in Safari, just ‘Scan’, which has never been fixed but this is 10 times worse.

• Narius
    Narius
    Community Member
    Options

My example would be signing into my Nord App. There appears to be an associated URL, but the list available for me to choose from doesn't include Nord. When I type Nord into the search field, I get nothing - all options disappear. I have to switch to the app, copy the password then come back and enter it. Not a fun experience.

This discussion has been closed.