1P7 No Longer In App Store

Options
AMonitorDarkly
AMonitorDarkly
Community Member
edited August 2022 in iOS

I couldn’t help but notice that 1P7 is no longer in the iOS App Store now that 1P8 has been released. I expected this to happen eventually but nowhere near this soon.

I’m holding off on updating due to some of the bug reports I’m seeing. However with the new iPhones being released next month, anyone who gets a new phone will now be forced to update to 1P8. Additionally, people won’t be able to downgrade if they’ve already deleted 1P7 from their device.

Again, I knew this was coming but I don’t think pulling the trigger immediately after 1P8’s release is a great move.

Comments

• rudy
    edited August 2022
    Options

@AMonitorDarkly,

1Password 7 has indeed been delisted from the App Store, anyone who has previously downloaded it will be able to find it on their purchased applications list in the App Store and reinstall if they choose to.

• neverTire
    neverTire
    Community Member
    Options

And, what if you originally purchased it directly from the AgileBits website? In that case, it seems like one is forced to use the subscription model, correct?

• xmarcelo
    xmarcelo
    Community Member
    Options

Just don't remove it, and, please consider continue maintaining it, I just tried version 8 and it has no visual language, features are much less than 1Password7 has, no support for iCloud vaults and... amazingly slow!

• Finke03
    Finke03
    Community Member
    Options

Will there still be some updates to the old 1PW7 App? How will it work if the App is not part of the AppStore anymore? Are still security updates possible until 1PW 8 contains the most features from 1PW7?

• dwhitehead
    dwhitehead
    Community Member
    Options

I made the mistake of deleting 1Password7 from my phone and upgrading to 8 prematurely. I can now no longer see 1Password7 on the App Store NOR in my Purchase History. I really need to be able to redownload 1Password 7 to access my iCloud vault items. Please advise...
    Can anyone else see it in their purchase history?

• mashoe
    mashoe
    Community Member
    Options

I see it in my purchase history - see image below

• mrZeld
    mrZeld
    Community Member
    Options

+1
    Glad I didn’t delete 1p7, but I almost did. 1p8 is really lacking in many areas (searching, usability), but looks pretty I guess.

• dwhitehead
    dwhitehead
    Community Member
    Options

Well wth. I have tried multiple times today and I can't find it in my purchase history. 1Password support...please help. Can it be re-listed on the app store at least temporarily???

1.jpg 37.9K
  • dwhitehead
    dwhitehead
    Community Member
    Options

I logged into my iPad and can see the app in the history on that device (but for some reason not on my iphone). However when I try accessing it via iCloud on that device it comes up with a Cloudkit access was denied by user settings error.

• mashoe
    mashoe
    Community Member
    Options

@dwhitehead, it sounds like you downloaded 1Password on an Apple ID that’s different to your current one.

I have some steps you can try (read it all first before attempting):

1. Check the Apple ID email on your iPad by opening the App Store > Today > Profile Pic

2. Do the same thing on your iPhone.

3. Observe if the email addresses are different, if yes:

4. On the iPhone, scroll to the very bottom (below all the updated apps) and click Sign Out

5. Sign in with the Apple ID that you saw on the iPad.

6. Click Purchased > search for 1Password

7. Download/install/launch 1Password 7

8. Confirm all good, repeat step 4 and sign back with the Apple ID that you initially saw on your iPhone.

• dwhitehead
    dwhitehead
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I did all that and confirmed that I am using the right ID. I logged out and logged back in. It is a really weird issue. I ended up using a third party software to transfer the 1Password 7 app from my iPad to my iPhone and I have accessed my vault again. Phew!

• Hey @dwhitehead:

I'm glad to hear you were able to get it sorted. Feel free to get in touch if you need any help migrating your items from your iCloud vault to your 1Password account.

Jack

• bm206
    bm206
    Community Member
    Options

I received an update in the App Store right now for 1Password 7.
    It was version 7.9.8

• rudy
    Options

@bm206,

Correct, in its current state we have the ability to submit updates that show up in the app store as updates.

• ekontrec
    ekontrec
    Community Member
    Options

I can no longer see 1Password 7 iOS app either in App Store. This is Agilebits' deliberate effort of forced obsolescence in weaning users off anything < 1P8.
    Such 'great' goodwill to all the standalone vault users that supported Agilebits through the previous years - nothing but a veiled middle finger to everyone who doesn't/won't/can't for a multitude of reasons jump onto the sub model.
    I'm going to use my 1P7 for as long as I can, after that it's shopping time.

This discussion has been closed.