Feature request: Select tag within vault

Gabriel Smoljár
Gabriel Smoljár
Community Member
edited August 2022 in Business and Teams

We are a IT consultancy that use 1Password for Teams. We create 1 vault for each client. Then we use tags such as "Test" and "Production" to categories all entries. In 1Password 7 it was very easy to open a vault and filter on the "Test" tag within that vault so that you don't accidentally copy the host to the production environment.

When we do the same in 1Password 8 we get navigated to all vaults, breaking the experience.

Search (CTRL + F) is similar. If I search for "Test" and press the enter key I also get back to all vaults.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• ScottS1P
    edited August 2022

Hello @Gabriel Smoljár,

Thanks for the feature request to filter by tags within a single vault. I can see why that would be useful to you. While I share your feedback with the team, I did want to share our guide to Search 1Password 8, which includes several new search filters that may help.

• =vault: allows you to specify a single vault for searching. For example: =vault:Testing Google would search the Testing vault for any item containing Google.
    • =tag: will only show results containing the specified tag. For example: =tag:test Google would search all vaults for items containing Google and the tag "test".

Filters should be specified before search terms, and remember that you can press Ctrl + Enter to see all search results in the main window instead of the search drop down.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or additional details for your feature request.

ref: IDEA-I-1480

• Gabriel Smoljár
    Gabriel Smoljár
    Community Member

Hi @Scott.S_1P,

I do not seem to be able to combine vault with tag in search. If I type "=vault:Contoso =tag:Production" and press enter nothing happens.

• Hey again @Gabriel Smoljár,

The search system requires a search term after the filters. Try something akin to =Vault:Contoso =tag:Production example and it should work like you are thinking.

Let me know how that works out.

This discussion has been closed.