Can't stay logged in on tablet.

Options
Ozarks
Ozarks
Community Member

Why do I have to
enter the password every time I open the new app on my tablet? I didn't have to do this in the past on older versions of the app.

Additionally, why can't I use a PIN or P
attern to login? It's a ridiculous to have to enter a long password every time I want to reopen the app!

8 is a dumpster fire. 👎

Comments

• Hello @Ozarks, thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear you're not enjoying 1Password 8 for Android. You can extend the auto-lock period from Settings > Security > Auto-Lock on Exit. Unless 1Password is closed directly or by your system, the app can stay unlocked in the background for the set time.

Since most mobile devices now include fingerprint scanners or face-unlock options, we’ve revamped our security settings to enable you to unlock 1Password with your account password or biometrics. 1Password 8 showcases a modern, beautiful UI, and we wanted our unlock options to follow this trend and provide the most up-to-date unlock options.

That being said, I can understand the advantage of a PIN unlock option on devices without a fingerprint scanner. I'd be happy to share your feedback with the team.

ref: IDEA-I-1222

This discussion has been closed.