1Password frustrations

Options
frosty
frosty
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I'm a long-time 1Password user. Does anyone else share my frustrations that 1Password has gotten sloppy and frustrating and that the latest versions have brought a degraded user experience?

For instance, this morning I tried to migrate from 1Password 7 to 8 on iOS but have run into the following:

1) Opening the 1Password 8 on iOS leads to a blank screen. This is reproducible behavior after clicking Sign In > Sign in on 1Password.com > Computer in the app then switching back to the app from the Safari browser window that opens the support article.

2) Force-closing and restarting the 8 app and following the link to use my computer to log in leads to screenshots and description that don't reflect reality. e.g. My 1Password app on PC does not have an "Account" item in the menu bar.

3) The 1Password app on PC has a dizzying array of hamburger menus and drop down options that come across as trying to be overly-clever at the expense of usability. It feels like change for the sake of change rather than for the sake of an improved user experience.

4) The contact form for support does not allow for submitting screenshots with a support request, meaning that the support interaction seems likely to involve several rounds of messaging. Why not allow users to send screenshots so that support personnel have everything they need to provide a helpful, efficient answer?

I have an IT/tech background. This shouldn't be so difficult and time-consuming.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• mburnett
    mburnett
    Community Member
    Options

“change for the sake of change rather than for the sake of an improved user experience”

+1000000

Much worse UI and UX. But hey, at least they have a more unified code base! As if a paying customer should even know about the technologies used or that the app was rewritten. I couldn’t care less about the code; I care about product functionality. This release had significant regressions and numerous features removed, but notice we aren’t getting any break on subscription price!

This discussion has been closed.