1Password 8 iOS - do I need a subscription?

Options
DeeEye
DeeEye
Community Member

Currently a 1p7 license user that syncs via Dropbox. I despise subscriptions hence not moved over to 1Password.com monthly subscription. Please advise if 1p8 on iOS will work without subscription and no issues if still using 1p7 on Mac license version

Comments

• Hello @DeeEye! 👋

1Password 8 does not support older standalone vaults and does indeed require a 1Password subscription. 1Password.com memberships are the future of 1Password and you can read some of our founder Dave's thoughts here: The future of local/standalone vaults — 1Password Support Community

You mentioned that you have a license for 1Password 7, we're currently offering generous discounts on 1Password memberships to users who have been using our licensed version of 1Password. It you're interested then send in an email to support+tradein@1password.com so that our billing team can offer you a heavily discounted 1Password membership. 😊

-Dave

• DeeEye
    DeeEye
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the clarification. That's a shame. I am not looking to migrate to a subscription, significantly more expensive then the license (and other licenses for previous 1P versions) I've purchased previously.

This discussion has been closed.