Bad search experience - 1Password v8

Options
2»

Comments

• Hello again @BrettGrivell,

I'm happy to hear you've given 1Password 8 another try and found the search functionality improved.

Thanks for your feedback about the Ctrl + Enter sort order of filtered results. I've passed along your thoughts to the team in a feature request we currently tracking.

Selecting a specific Vault or Tag and then searching shows results from all Vaults / Tags

Does selecting a specific Vault or Tag and then using Ctrl + F to search help at all?

If you weren't aware, you can also use Collections to save a group of vaults and search within a selected collection will limit the search there: Use collections to create custom groups of vaults

Let us know how you make out!

ref: IDEA-I-289

• BrettGrivell
    BrettGrivell
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, using Ctrl F does restrict the search as I'd expect but I'm not sure it's really a solution.

Unless I'm mistaken, you now have:
    1. Select search and it will give you a (sub)list matching your search term with one randomly selected and opened if you press Enter
    2. Select search and press Ctrl Enter and it will give you a full list matching your search term, but not respecting any previously selected order or allowing you to change it
    3. Whilst in a particular Vault or Tag, pressing Ctrl F and you'll get the same results as 1 and 2 but now limited to whatever Vault or Tag you were in.
    4. Press Ctrl Alt F and get a different search bar that does appear to filter the list fairly well except it's still not finding things like microsoftonline from the website field

Surely you've got to see that this is far more complicated and difficult to use than the version 7 search functionality of:
    Select the Vault / Tag you're interested in, enter search term and press Enter

• Hello again @BrettGrivell,

Thanks for your additional feedback here. The search functionality within 1Password 8 continues to be an area that will see improvements. I've passed your thoughts along to the team.

With regard to your previous comments about using Find (Ctrl + Alt + F), I've passed this feedback over to the Product team by way of a feature request/improvement. Thanks for letting us know!

ref: IDEA-I-1569

This discussion has been closed.