Watchtower does not detect same password between different type of items

Options
CCal
CCal
Community Member

It seems the Watchtower does not flag a "reused password" warning when you have the same password saved in two different types of items.
For example the same password saved in a Secure Note and the same password saved in a Login. Both are saved as password type.

This seems like a flaw in the Watchtower or maybe a much needed feature to be added? If so, please consider my upvote for that feature.

Context:
I tend to keep all login information for a site or app in 1 item, but I have so many saved items, it's difficult to keep track of all of them.
Sometimes I would make a new item thinking I haven't saved it into 1Password, but in reality I named the previous item something else or the website I access changed domain name or whatever reason.
So I make a new saved item, not knowing I now have duplicate saved passwords.

1Password Version: 8.9.0
Extension Version: 80900001
OS Version: Win11
Browser:_ Edge, Chrome

Comments

• Hello @CCal,

Thanks for your feedback about this feature request. Based on your context, I can see where Watchtower recognizing a reused password across different item types that contain an added password field would be useful. I've included the details for the Product team in a feature request we're now tracking. We appreciate your report!

ref: IDEA-I-1574

This discussion has been closed.