Can't log in with Yubikey security keys on iOS

Options
SocketFork
SocketFork
Community Member

When attempting to sign into my account on iOS, I attempt to use one of my Yubikeys for 2FA. When tapping the key, it prompts me for the PIN and then after entering it, a spinning wheel appears next to the PIN field and sits there for several minutes until it eventually times out and kicks me back to the UN/password screen. I've tried this both over wifi and cellular data with no luck.

Any idea as to what might be wrong here?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.6
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @SocketFork! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble using your Security Key with 1Password on iOS. Can you tell me which specific YubiKey Security Key you're using and which version of 1Password is installed on your device?

If you have a PIN code setup for your YubiKey and you're using a NFC-enabled Security Key then please make sure to touch the Security Key to your iPhone a second time and then tap it again after entering the PIN code.

-Dave

• SocketFork
    SocketFork
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave,

Thanks for suggestion! It looks like the second tap was the step I was missing. That wasn't very clear from the prompts, but it is in fact working as expected. Thanks a bunch for your help!

• @SocketFork

I'm happy to hear that you were able to authenticate using your Security Key. 😊

This discussion has been closed.