Are all family vaults supposed to show for Families?

Options
leesweet
leesweet
Community Member

Migrated from 1P7 to 8, combined two people using separate dropbox to now using Families, and some organizational setup is unclear. Are all vaults supposed to be visible to the 'family manager'? I set up myself, all works fine. I sent my partner an invitation, and we installed 8 on her PC, it didn't prompt for data migration. We installed 8 on her iPhone, it did prompt for migration, we migrated data, it now seems to have a new vault for her called 'Private' and that is not visible to me on the website in the vault list. Her data is fine on all three devices (PC, iPhone, iPad). But nothing shows on the Families website. Is there additional documentation for family managers? Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• leesweet
    leesweet
    Community Member
    Options

I’ll add my own answer, looks like no one has access to your own vault besides you…

• leesweet
    leesweet
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, I guess I'm still confused... in the Firefox extension, I see my vault (it has a name), and a 'Personal' one that I do not see when I login to my.1password.com.

• leesweet
    leesweet
    Community Member
    Options

And now I see that all my migrated data is in a vault with my name on it and NOT in the 'Personal/Private' vault. A one-page documentation sheet saying how Families are supposed to be set up would have helped the migration process immensely. I gather each person has a vault that no one can ever see (not even the organizer). Still not sure why my data is not in my Personal vault (which has only the three default items).

Tips on how to migrate all my data from the other vault to the private one? I tried the 'ctrl-A' idea in the 'move data' document, does not work (does not select all data). Thanks!

• Hey @leesweet:

By default, each person in a 1Password family account has a Private vault, only accessible to them, and then access to the Shared vault with their other family members. If you have upgraded from a 1Password individual account however, your vault will continue to be named Personal while anyone you invite will have theirs named as Personal, which may explain the situation you're seeing.

You can move your items in 1Password 8 for WIndows, using Ctrl+A, then right clicking and selecting Move. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• leesweet
    leesweet
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

@Jack.P_1P thanks for the confirmation of what I'd figured out. :) Where exactly do I do the 'ctrl-A'? When I do that in the vault with my name (to move to the Personal), in Firefox at least, all I get is a bunch of web elements being selected, not the vault list of items.

Edit: Whoops use the app, not the web interface. THAT works, thanks! Looks like we're set!

• Hey @leesweet:

You'll need to select all of your items from the 1Password desktop app, rather than my.1Password.com to move them to your Personal vault. First select the vault with your name on it in the sidebar, then press Ctrl+A to highlight all of your items. It should look something like this:

After highlighting all the items, right click and choose "Move xx Items", and choose your Personal vault.

Jack

• leesweet
    leesweet
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reference, all set!

• On behalf of Jack, you're welcome. Let us know if you have other questions.

This discussion has been closed.