Password in VMware Remote Console not working

CouldBeWorse
CouldBeWorse
Community Member
edited August 2022 in Windows

I'm not able to paste passwords into the VMware Remote Console. The clipboard is disabled due to security reasons, so I previously relied on the KeePass Auto-Type feature to input the password.

With 1Password I don't have any other way but to enter the password manually. Using the drag and drop feature enters just one character into the password field, which oddly is the character 'f' that is not even part of the password.

Comments

• Hi @CouldBeWorse,

Thanks for message. We're looking at ways to implement an Auto-type and type in window function in 1Password 8. I've added your details to our tracker for that feature request.

Have you tried type in window from version 7 of 1Password for Windows? Due to the environment, this may not work, but I wanted to let you know of the possibility. This can be found by right-clicking the item in 1Password 7 > username/password > type in window > select the window to fill the credentials.

Regarding the issues with dragging and dropping, does this only occur in the VMware Remote Console window or does it occur anywhere you drag and drop credentials? Please let us know!

ref: IDEA-I-193

This discussion has been closed.