Steven78
    Community Member

+1

• Md02rsx
    Md02rsx
    Community Member

Don’t think it’s compatible anymore

• Hi @TFR60,

1Password 8 doesn't have Apple Watch functionality, I'm afraid I don't have anything to share about future plans for this at this time. If you'd like to let me know a bit more about your use-case for 1Password on Apple Watch then I'd be happy to pass this on to the team.

In the meantime, I've added a + 1 from you and @Steven78 to the internal discussion about bringing a future version of 1Password 8 to Apple Watch 🙂

Kester

• TFR60
    TFR60
    Community Member

Not happy about that 🥴

• Kikila61
    Kikila61
    Community Member

I am very disappointed if 1Password 8 doesn’t have an Apple Watch App !
    I use it constantly for my credit cards pin when I can’t use ApplePay, contactless doesn’t work everywhere in France.
    Same to remember door codes, I am a physiotherapist and I do home care for a third of my patients.
    I had trouble with 1PW8 when I installed it on my Mac, then twice when there was an update. There was a phase when it didn’t work properly on half of the web site I used to go.
    I am thinking of downgrading to 1PW7 until it can’t be used.

• Steven78
    Steven78
    Community Member

@Kester.D_1P
    If I'm not mistaken there is no mention about the removal of the Watch-support in the release notes of 1Password 8 for iOS.
    Sorry, but I think it's really not ok removing features in this way without telling your paying customers.
    In my opinion you should consider this a bug, that needs to be fixed soon. :-/

@Kikila61
    I agree with your use cases - same for me!

• valharp515
    valharp515
    Community Member

Really unhappy about this. Seems like a big step backwards. Like others, I use my Apple Watch a lot for a lot of things, and depend on being able to access 1Password from it. I will not be upgrading, and may well consider leaving the product if I can't get Apple Watch functionality - not because I dislike the product, but because I dislike the decision-making and communications apparently going on at 1Password.

• vincentmuller
    vincentmuller
    Community Member

How can I reinstall 1password7 ? I dont find it on the appStore.

• vincentmuller
    vincentmuller
    Community Member

It‘s very sad that 1Password8 don‘t have support to appleWatch. So i leave the app and search an another, like Secrets. I have been a 1 Password user for over 10 years and have always been satisfied with the product and the service. But dropping AppleWatch support forces me to look for something else. Obviously, I will have to find an alternative to my business.

• Kikila61
    Kikila61
    Community Member

@vincentmuller
    You can reinstall 1PW7 it is still in your purchased list on the App Store App

• vincentmuller
    vincentmuller
    Community Member

Unfortunately no. 7 is replaced by 8.

• 1Jeff
    1Jeff
    Community Member

@vincentmuller If you open the App Store and tap your initials/photo at the top, then tap Purchased, you’ll find 1Password 7 in that list and can reinstall from there. You’ll likely need to sign in again, but once you do you can enable Apple Watch support once again.

• vincentmuller
    vincentmuller
    Community Member

Sorry but No it’s 1 Password 8.

• DJCH
    DJCH
    Community Member

+1 vote for Apple Watch app for 1Password8.

use cases:

• Credit card pins for when I can't tap - I've used this a couple of times. I use a pin so rarely now it's kind of a crap shoot that I'll be able to remember it.
    • Critical passwords in the event my phone is lost/stolen when travelling never used this in practise, but it's a great comfort knowing it's there)

Without the watch app I may be forced to store some critical passwords in a less secure way (simplenote?) that does provide watch syncing. This is obviously undesirable for a few reasons.

Thanks for considering this.

• DJCH
    DJCH
    Community Member

Hi @vincentmuller ,

Is it possible you downloaded 1Password 7 under a different Apple ID?

I see both 7 and 8 in my history, I also have them both installed (and apparently working) ... now I am unsure about removing 7.

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2022

Thanks folks I've got your feedback recorded.

ref: IDEA-I-1540

• mattbridgesuk
    mattbridgesuk
    Community Member

Very disappointing that this feature was just dropped

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2022

Thanks mattbridgesuk I've got your thoughts passed to the team.

ref: IDEA-I-1540

• Hey there. ✌️

Have you seen our new blog posting? As of today, 1Password 8 for Apple Watch is available:

Community - Announcing 1Password 8 for Apple Watch ⌚️

Blog - Introducing 1Password 8 for Apple Watch

More exciting things to come.

This discussion has been closed.