Where is password generator in 1P main window?

Options
trwalp
trwalp
Community Member

I am referring to the window that opens when I click on the 1P icon in the info tray or click "open in New Window" from the "more" icon in the Chrome extension. Where is the password generator? Also, if you're to ask here for 1P version and extension version, make it easier to find. The common method is an About option under Help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @trwalp,

Based on your question, it sounds like you are using 1Password 8, as this version does not include a password generator from the icon in the system tray. As mentioned, this available from with 1Password in the browser, the browser extension. Additionally, from within the 1Password 8 app, when creating (or editing) a item such as a Login, selecting the password field provides an option to Create a new password which opens the password generator.

Implementation of the password generator option (from the version 7) from the 1Password icon in the system tray is feature request we're currently tracking and I've included a +1 on your behalf. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

ref: IDEA-I-298

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @ag_mike_d

Add my vote to get back this feature please,
    Using the browser extension to do that is a full another way to use the product or even creates a login to just generates a password is not a good way to go in my opinion.

Thanks

• Hi @guillaumeserton, we appreciate your feed back and have added your vote to this feature request. Thanks!

ref: IDEA-I-298

This discussion has been closed.