New sign in emails safari IOS

Options
Blwood
Blwood
Community Member

Hi
Since downloading 8.9.1 & using the safari 1password extension i get a new login email notification each time I use the password extension. Is there a way to stop this. In my registered devices there is now a list of about 20 new logins. 1password no longer seems to recognise the already registered device?
Any help appreciated
Brian

Comments

• Hi @Blwood:

Do you have Safari configured to clear history on exit, or use third party tools to clear your browsing history? If that's the case, that would result in these emails.

1Password for Safari stores some of its configuration data in what Safari considers history. Clearing history results in 1Password for Safari being treated as a new session by the 1Password servers.

Jack

• Blwood
    Blwood
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Jack. I do regularly clear history manually. Perhaps thats it. I will stop for a bit see what happens
    Cheers Brian

• Blwood
    Blwood
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks again. That was the problem stopped clearing no more emails😀

• DedSec85
    DedSec85
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same question. I've never received these e-mails with previous versions of 1Password (although, not as often), but since I switched to 1Password 8 on iOS it seems to happen faster. I just cleared my Safari-cache, and after a login, poof, a new e-mail. Thanks for clearing things up!

• Hey @Blwood / @DedSec85:

I'm glad to hear that sorted it out! Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with. 😀

Jack

This discussion has been closed.