Cannot get 1password 8 to install properly on iPad or iPhone

Options
adonisdu8489
adonisdu8489
Community Member
edited August 2022 in iOS

Unfortunately, after I downloaded 1Password 8, the app only shows the 1Password icon, that has NO functionality. I am afraid of deleting this useless app, and starting fresh, as Apple app store warns me I could lose all my data, which would be a huge disaster.

I do have a printed copy of my Emergency kit, with the secret key and password, which I used to originally download the useless 1Password 8 icon.

I have already spent an enormous amount of time on this to no avail. First, I have read the boilerplate instructions multiple times, which seem more marketing oriented than any sort of users’ manual, so please dont send those again.

Any sort of real help would be appreciated. Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cannot upgrade to “1password 8” for ios

Comments

• surely
    surely
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem. Can’t find a way through it. Have delegated 1Password 8 and that doesn’t interfere with 7 info but when I bring it back from iCloud it opens and prompts me to put my email, secret key, and password in. I can get my email in but when I got to the box to fill secret key it wants me to put a password in and again in the 2nd box for that. But the box is still labeled secret key. It acts like I’m trying to sign up for a new 1Password acct. very frustrating. Haven’t been able to find help for this unless I come here…

• Hi @adonisdu8489:

I see that you're in touch with us via email, so continuing the conversation there would be best. My colleague Alvin recently sent you some steps to try next.

ref: BLT-73616-688

@surely:

Are you able to share a screenshot of what you're seeing? If it contains personal information like your email address or Secret Key however, don't post it here. Send it via email to support+forum@1password.com and include your username: surely as well as that you're having trouble getting started with 1Password 8 on your phone, and we'll be able to take a closer look.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.