How to change extension timeout

Options

I was using 1Password on a Windows 11 computer with no problem. When I bought a new computer, I had to install browser extensions to get it to work. But the extensions time out after 10 minutes. If I do a ctrl-P, 1Password pops up and I can see a one hour timeout. But the extension is not honoring that. This is the same for Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @gernt:

1Password in your browser will share a lock state with the 1Password desktop app. We have a guide on how to configure auto-lock for 1Password here: How to set 1Password to lock automatically

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• gernt
    gernt
    Community Member
    Options

Not well. I already have the desktop app set like I want it. I can be logged into the app, but each extension (on different browsers) will individually require the password again. In the browser settings on Firefox, it just says 1Password – Password Manager controls this setting (but it doesn't). I can't find the setting on Edge nor Chrome following the directions.

• gernt
    gernt
    Community Member
    Options

I noticed something else odd. I use another system that was installed at about the same time and is roughly the same kind of system: 1Password app on the desktop and all the browsers have a 1Password extension. It works as expected. If I log in to the app, I'm logged in on the browsers. The only real difference between the two is that the one that doesn't work is on a domain with a server and the other is stand-alone.

• gernt
    gernt
    Community Member
    Options

I stumbled onto the cure. I had my office machine at home. I tried to open the 1Password app but it wouldn't open. I tried opening it as administrator and it told me it was locked by the administrator. Mind you, it opened when I was connected to the domain. I deleted the app and downloaded it again while at home. Then it worked as it was supposed to at home and also when I was connected to the domain. Somehow the new copy even retained my settings (?)

This discussion has been closed.